went out to zero my NV unit

Hi every one

After two months of deciding which rifle .22 /.177 to put my night vision scope on, I have settled for the .22. I haven’t used this unit for a while, after a zeroing session last night.

Well let me start by saying I have forgotten how much fun it is to use, I got to the business park about 9:00pm got me zeroing target out and paced out 25yds, then put me light on and checked it with the range finder, and it was spot on.

As I was walking back to the car I see 2 bunnies’s having a graze, so slowly back to the car as not to spook them, I couldn’t use the AAS410K because I hadn’t zeroed it in yet as it has the NVunit on it . so I grabbed the HW100KT .177 and slowly made my way under a old oak tree which was heavy in bloom, so nice and dark under there and plenty of cover. Down on one knee and was watching then for 5 minutes before I THWACKED! the first one, and its mate done a runner to the top of the small hill. I could just see its ears so gave a little squeak! And it ran forward by about 10 yds, right in line with me cross hairs THWACK! The last bit of grazing it will be doing.

Here is a pic of the grazing twins

ABCD0018-7.jpg

So anyway back to getting me NV unit zeroed which didn’t take long, about 10 clicks left and 6 down. After that I was hitting the target spot on so was really happy, so with fresh batteries in the unit and in the added IR I went to have a look around. So of up to the top of the park, and just sat and waited. It wasn’t long before the third bunny of the night was wearing a lead earring and down and out.

ABCD0013-7.jpg

Then I went over to the front of the park and had a look around and out at 30yds there were 2 of them just sitting there because they heard the car, and was alert and waiting for there earrings, so on goes the unit and a quick look again and 2 black silhouettes were still there, second click and the built in IR came on and I could see there red jewels. So in concession THWACK! THWACK!! Jewels no more it was. It’s great because you hit one and the other just crouches because it can’t see a lamp and doesn’t know what is happening. Hence giving you the opportunity to take it at your leisure lol.

ABCD0016-7.jpg

ABCD0012-7.jpg

Now on to another part of the park the middle, where the advertising bill boards are, because there is a main road about 20yds, but im in the car park another 30yds away. And I could see 2 out under a cherry blossom tree, so I watched these 2 for a half an hour to wait if they had come closer. But it was not to be, so with all the rain we have had lately the ground was soaking, and I had to crawl 20yds to get in range and I was soaked but worth the crawl as I THWACKED! One the other this time legged it, but as I went to pick the other up. As I always do move really slowly in case it hasn’t gone far, so picked it up and had a look over the ridge and there it was got my self under the tree and lent on a branch turned on the NV and THWACK! It was doing a backflipp and landed with DEAD!! Accuracy from were it jumped

ABCD0015-7.jpg

ABCD0017-6.jpg

Now on to the balancing pond at the rear of the park, I had a pan round with the unit on and nothing, so went over the ridge and there were 4 of them just sat there grazing, I slowly got into prone position, had another look and every thing was ok. 5 minutes later breathing under control and the unit back on THWACK! THWACK! & THWUCK got 2 of them and missed the turd damn! So all in all a very good evening with the NVunit well and truly zeroed .you watch I will go again tonight and blank it never mind but I am

Looking forward to going out to Oxfordshire later this evening with Charlie

Here is a group photo with bag and AAS410K & NV UNIT .

ABCD0008-8.jpg

happy hunting

Davy

Well done Davy, which NV have you got? and if you get a minute, can you take a pic through the NV when its switched on at night, with a rabbit in veiw, so I can see what it looks like in the veiw finder, like I said earlier, I'm thinking about getting a some NV, so want to look through a few different ones before I buy, and they always look different in the shop, cheers mate :thumbs:

Well done Davy, which NV have you got? and if you get a minute, can you take a pic through the NV when its switched on at night, with a rabbit in veiw, so I can see what it looks like in the veiw finder, like I said earlier, I'm thinking about getting a some NV, so want to look through a few different ones before I buy, and they always look different in the shop, cheers mate :thumbs:

its a vomz gen 1 ,in the field as i type so will have a go later ok buddy

Have you got a web cam :D

Davy,

Just seen the link you put up on the BBS.

They will not allow links to THL because of a bunch of :wankerzo4: 's that used to inhabbit this great place.

Said :wankerzo4: 's used to cause great trouble over there, and when they were banned they came over here and started.

Thats why I never posted much for a long time on here, it wasn't a very pleasent place to be, unlike now!

Now I spend more time here than the BBS.

I even put up a link to an article I had published in a magazine that was considdered 'competition' to the sponsors of bbs and other mag's that link was also censored:(

Phantom

Davy,

Just seen the link you put up on the BBS.

They will not allow links to THL because of a bunch of :wankerzo4: 's that used to inhabbit this great place.

Said :wankerzo4: 's used to cause great trouble over there, and when they were banned they came over here and started.

Thats why I never posted much for a long time on here, it wasn't a very pleasent place to be, unlike now!

Now I spend more time here than the BBS.

I even put up a link to an article I had published in a magazine that was considdered 'competition' to the sponsors of bbs and other mag's that link was also censored:(

Phantom

i don't go on there a lot really only to look in for sale section,and they don't allow any hunting pics.the owner is a hypocrite he hunts?or tries to.the only reason i joined was to hunt down a lad who done a bad deal with me,and got it sorted.there are many aspects to my hunting skills?

regards

davy

Nice one Davy :gunsmilie: much weight in that NV unit???You'll have a lot of yomping to do at my place mid Sept & i can't carry you,rabbits & 2 guns around :D

dont worry about weight,i have arms like popeye!! eeeeeeeeeeeeeegggggggggggggggghhhhhh

Have you got a web cam :D

i have one in the house, yes!! why?

hi stealthy

i cant do it as my phone has a flash on it and tried it the other night but it may fook up me scope?i will try video of me phone?but my video camera has NV on it, if i can get it to work i will. but be patient young Jedi!

regards

davy