Fox terrier

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe the best working fox terrier in Russia, name Dar.

proof http://yarochota.zbord.ru/viewtopic.php?t=555&view=previous

Very common here in France  

Posted Images

Dev, photos from top to bottom 1, 2, & 4 I have dug to single handed.

The one in the top photo has only been dug to a couple of times, only just switched on, done OK.

Second photo, ive dug and seen dug to plenty of coypu, but ive only dug to it once on more of a test, bolted one and 3 more in the pot. Dog impressed me for the breed.

Photo 3, shit.

Photo 4 dug and seen this dog dug a fair bit, good finder also seen it fail to find and fail to stay.

The dog behind me on the 1st boar photo is a GREAT dog for finding boar and works with hounds. Feisty fcuker.

The 2 in the bottom boar photo, hunt fox and boar alongside hounds. They stop foxes above ground and will hold a boar.

Sadly airedale no longer with us but new recruit in kennel, looking for another aswell.

are any of the above genuine single handed digging dogs?? ive heard of fox terriers working in europe but not single handed ones?

Not said to cause offence, but the request was "anyone have photos of working wire fox terrier?? " Not has anyone photos of 100% wire fox terrier digging dogs.

Gfox.jpg

Dscn2094gd-1.jpg

Dscn1865-1GD.jpg

d292foxafter3hr.jpg

hi mate,

do i know any of this dogs?´

maybe the last one, no?

looks like a sheep... hehehe

best regards

Dont think you would of seen any of them Heshimus, but,,,,,,, remember the jagd bitch TINA, her previous owner also owns the sheep (bottom photo). Am out with the owner of the Jagd on Sunday, was meant to be with him last Monday, but starter motor on van fcuked, they dug 2 took them all day, and took 3 dogs to get each one stopped.

Im at the place we first met up on Saturday, hopefully no rabbits!!

are any of the above genuine single handed digging dogs?? ive heard of fox terriers working in europe but not single handed ones?

Not said to cause offence, but the request was "anyone have photos of working wire fox terrier?? " Not has anyone photos of 100% wire fox terrier digging dogs.

also not said to cause offence, i was asking out of curiousity thats all, not ment to ruffle anyones feathers

DSCF0156.jpg

DSCF0150.jpg

DSCF0149.jpg

was starting to work when i lost him out hunting one day ,found him 8 months later but he never came right again sadly

Not seen a dog like that for years! He's a cracker! ;) I used to work at a terrier kennel when I was a boy. Jonwire Fox terriers! He had dogs of a similar stamp but he used to show his. The breed has gone all to pot now. even the smoothe fox has change to what it used to be. very sad! :(

only had one dig to mine dev so i cant comment on your statement pal but id of loved to tried him more

edited to add one dog one hole

Edited by scent
  • 8 years later...
On 31/7/2009 at 13:06, dev said:

Had one as a youngfella, he was a gamey cranky fiery fecker. Dug him single handed several times. But he was not tested by any manner or means and doubt he would have come to much..

I know of a family of wired haired fox terriers used for bushing that are going well. I brought one of them out a few times. Good in cover, good nose and very vocal on a trail of foxes. What I liked was they were primarily a bushing dog and weren't too bothered going to ground because they are a sh1t digging dog and there is nothing worse than a dog going to ground and making an uncommitted half arsed attempt and wasting time when that's not their job. I would keep one for beating cover though.

That Fox terrier was stone mad for foxes. Always remember as kids we were hunting a disused quarry. We were down the base looking up and could see Rogue following a line out onto a ledge, where he put up what must have been a sleeping fox. The fox had nowhere to go except straight off the edge and without any hesitation was closely followed by terrier in hot pursuit. Hard to say but It must have been 30-40m high. Both were dead, except 4-5m tall briars at the base  broke their fall..I was damn glad to hear him give tongue up through that cover. Nothing to do with digging but happy days..?

• Like 3