How Do They Know

Hi all.Out last week with the Pro Sport trying to get a few crow,s.Nothing as soon as they seen or heard me coming of.Sat down at some good spot,s i know they come into feck all.Yesterday took the pup out for a bit of training.Same ground.They sat in every tree.Dident give a f--k ? How do they know when we have a gun.Been doing this to me for years.Also seen a black rabbit first i have seen in year.atb. Catcher 1

post-34669-1248782484.jpg

post-34669-1248782507.jpg

post-34669-1248782541.jpg

Hi all.Out last week with the Pro Sport trying to get a few crow,s.Nothing as soon as they seen or heard me coming of.Sat down at some good spot,s i know they come into feck all.Yesterday took the pup out for a bit of training.Same ground.They sat in every tree.Dident give a f--k ? How do they know when we have a gun.Been doing this to me for years.Also seen a black rabbit first i have seen in year.atb. Catcher 1

I call it Sods Law, think all Hunters suffer this one normaly when out for a walk around the farm with Wife & Kids I see about 50 Jackdaw Magpie Jay Pigeon Rabbit & then I see a Fox, that's it Kids walk over Dad's got to get the gun.

foxon.

I was mightily surprised the other day. I went to have a walk around with the rifle and as I came to a gap in a hedge that looks out onto a large field, every crow out there buggered off, how they knew I was there? Have no idea.

Yet when I walked the boundary hedge, there were two pigeons on the ground 40 yards ahead, hadn't moved even though I was walking straight toward them.

Was their mistake and I doubt I'll ever get the chance to shoot the dead ones mate again. Probably has bad earache.

I was mightily surprised the other day. I went to have a walk around with the rifle and as I came to a gap in a hedge that looks out onto a large field, every crow out there buggered off, how they knew I was there? Have no idea.

Yet when I walked the boundary hedge, there were two pigeons on the ground 40 yards ahead, hadn't moved even though I was walking straight toward them.

Was their mistake and I doubt I'll ever get the chance to shoot the dead ones mate again. Probably has bad earache.

Hi mate.what get,s me about the crow,s.Where i live they seem to know when you have a gun.Walk the dog and they will sit in the field or tree 30 yards.Go over with a gun.They are off at 100 yards cawing like f--k.Never been able to work it out.atb Catcher 1

I call it Sods Law, think all Hunters suffer this one normaly when out for a walk around the farm with Wife & Kids I see about 50 Jackdaw Magpie Jay Pigeon Rabbit & then I see a Fox, that's it Kids walk over Dad's got to get the gun.

foxon.

Right mate.I hate that fecker sods and his laws lol.atb. Catcher 1

Nor me. I find its the same with any vermin. If you have no gun, they will fly around you and if you do, then they are a mile away.

My Crows on one part of the shoot here are even more intelligent than that. They know if I have a shotgun or a rifle. If I have a shotgun, they will all sit out in the field 70,80, 100 odd yards away and fly off when I try to get closer.

If I have the rifle, they are buzzing around my head. :wallbash:

Nor me. I find its the same with any vermin. If you have no gun, they will fly around you and if you do, then they are a mile away.

My Crows on one part of the shoot here are even more intelligent than that. They know if I have a shotgun or a rifle. If I have a shotgun, they will all sit out in the field 70,80, 100 odd yards away and fly off when I try to get closer.

If I have the rifle, they are buzzing around my head. :wallbash:

An old saying.The thing,s you see when you dont have a camera.I think it also applies to the gun.atb. Catcher :thumbs:1

Guest Scuba1
They don't only see that you have a gun, they probably know what you paid for it and where you got it from.

ATB

Michael

Micheal you have a certain wisdom about you.And i love your patter.atb Catcher 1 :clapper::clapper:

Sometimes you can fool them and get them to fly off if you take a walking stick with you or a HW100. ;)

ATB

Michael

They don't only see that you have a gun, they probably know what you paid for it and where you got it from.

ATB

Michael

Micheal you have a certain wisdom about you.And i love your patter.atb Catcher 1 :clapper::clapper:

Sometimes you can fool them and get them to fly off if you take a walking stick with you or a HW100. ;)

ATB

Michael

If you take a HW100T with you, the corvids stand admiring the quality of the gun, this gives you time to whack all of them ;)

ATB

Michael

ATB

Michael

If you take a HW100T with you, the corvids stand admiring the quality of the gun, this gives you time to whack all of them ;)

edited to say round the head with the butt :crazy: :rofl:

ATB

Michael

ATB

Michael

Some time cant sleep will put the decoys out just before it get,s light or about an hour before dark they seem to come in easyer.atb Catcher 1 :victory:

ATB

Michael

ATB

Michael

They still count :D

ATB

Michael

ATB

Michael

They still count :D

Agree :victory: