Coming off puppy food

Hi oneshot. I don't know about the feed your using. But If it's a quality feed (dry). The pup can stay on it till 2.0yrs. the extreme. I switch at 1.5 yrs. I think 1.0 years would be the quickest I'd change up. You have to look at how well the pups doing as for weight gain and growth. You want consistant, steady progress in weight and overall growth. If your seeing that you can go past a year.

Hi oneshot. I don't know about the feed your using. But If it's a quality feed (dry). The pup can stay on it till 2.0yrs. the extreme. I switch at 1.5 yrs. I think 1.0 years would be the quickest I'd change up. You have to look at how well the pups doing as for weight gain and growth. You want consistant, steady progress in weight and overall growth. If your seeing that you can go past a year.

it usually gives clear indications on the bag :clapper: and depending on the breed I would say between 12 months and 18 months (assuming beta do a junior diet to move up to).

it usually gives clear indications on the bag :clapper: and depending on the breed I would say between 12 months and 18 months (assuming beta do a junior diet to move up to).

Thanks for the advice. ;)

The feed requirements of a puppy are different to those of an adult dog, puppy food can be over fortified, vitamins etc and in particularly calcium. too much calcium can cause bone overgrowth problems and as such can in some circumstances lead to hip dysplasia.

Have a look on the back of the bag for the recommended age but I would try and move to a good quality premium brand for a junior dog, i use Royal Canin but that is personal choice. i have working feeds in the past but always come back. I don't like muesli foods as i think you get a lot of waste, most seems to pass through the dog.

Feed requirements for a variety of breeds are different, so try and ,match to your dog.

I find you can't go wrong with RC Medium Junior or Adult.

Regards

Alison

www.paintandpins.com