I heard somewhere that Buzzards don't fly under shiny things so putting CDs up around the pen might stop them. But i don't know how true this is.

Yes, this does work for a short while, but they get used to them after a bit. They also lose their 'shine' after about a year.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spoke to a game keeper about helping him out on a massive estate near me during my summer holiday, i have to go an meet him Tomorrow, i'll ask him what they do to stop the buzzards taking their poults. The estate is called Courteenhall and it is massive. Hopefully he might be able to tell me another effective way of stoping the buzzards and sparrow hawks.

I spoke to a game keeper about helping him out on a massive estate near me during my summer holiday, i have to go an meet him Tomorrow, i'll ask him what they do to stop the buzzards taking their poults. The estate is called Courteenhall and it is massive. Hopefully he might be able to tell me another effective way of stoping the buzzards and sparrow hawks.

Cheers mate let me know asap! Got another fox in the snare thats 2 in 2 days cub and a vixen today!

8 dead birds in the last few days some have had there heads taken off im told this is a tawny owl correct??

45 gallon drum 3/4 full of water .have the drum tilted at an angle so the water is almost pouring out.Have this situated near the pen.works a treat mate . dont ask just try it :whistling::thumbs:

atb andri

8 dead birds in the last few days some have had there heads taken off im told this is a tawny owl correct??

45 gallon drum 3/4 full of water .have the drum tilted at an angle so the water is almost pouring out.Have this situated near the pen.works a treat mate . dont ask just try it :whistling::thumbs:

atb andri

How does that work? I was told by a gamekeeper that tawny owls take the heads off!! The electric fence is on and there is no holes for a mink to get in!!

atb andri

How does that work? I was told by a gamekeeper that tawny owls take the heads off!! The electric fence is on and there is no holes for a mink to get in!!

lets just say that it goes for a wee drink and it can see its own reflection ,gets more curious,very slippy those barrels especially when at an angle.time for a swim :whistling:

hawks, tawny owls, buzzards alltake heads off sparrh worst Ihad some success by leaving a transistor radio playing

quietly keeps foxy away as well if you have elect,, fence try putting a floresence light with one end touching wire other

end touching ground (smallest tube) flickers when there is a pulse from the unit good for night time invaders if you

have a serious problem then you have a decision to make simple as that !!