Kit has swollen anus, and pot belly

Guest Countryboyo

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive read on the net that its common for kits to have prolapsed rectoms when they start eating kibble.

I've read on the net that Elvis lives.

You should treat unreferenced claims on the net with a degree of scepticism. It's never been mentioned on here and there must have been a few of the 400 odd kits born last year that were fed on kibble.

Guest Countryboyo
Ive read on the net that its common for kits to have prolapsed rectoms when they start eating kibble.

I've read on the net that Elvis lives.

You should treat unreferenced claims on the net with a degree of scepticism. It's never been mentioned on here and there must have been a few of the 400 odd kits born last year that were fed on kibble.

I didnt just read it on one site my friend

Just back from vet lads they didnt know for sure what was wrong with her but they gave her a couple of injections. one to worm her and one was an antibiotic. They also wormed my other kit. they said to bring her back monday or tuesday if the swelling on her arse hasnt gone down. of course she was full of life at the vets trying to bite the hand off the two of us. he said to feed her as normal. I feed them bagged ferret food soaked in a bit of water. do ye think this is ok or should i try something different? like the white ferret is doing grand on it I cant get my head around it. Im hoping the swelling will go down over the weekend with the antibiotic.

Cleaned the foodbowel litter tray and their hutch in their run so fingers crossed. any advice greatly appreciated.

iv stoped feedin dry food to all my ferrets as it makes ther shits runny i give them fresh mince beef chickin wings n legs un plucked maggys woodys and unskined gutted rabbits

as the rabbit fur aks as a wormer for ferrets all mine are strong and look better and seem moor playfull since i stoped feeding dry food any ferret will go strat for meet over dyr try feeding them only meet for 1 or 2 weeks you shuld see a difreance in them good luck mate

Guest Countryboyo
untill you can get out and catch your self some game

go to the supermarket and by some cheep mince or chicken

check out the ferreting setion ther was a topic recently on what people feed to there ferrets.

Ya I started that topic. Thanks for the advice I will probally try shoot something tonight. spent 35 quid at the vets friday for a couple injections and have to go back tomorrow. The ferrets stomach swelling seems to have gone down a slight bit but its arse is still the same. They might try pushing it in tomorrow but it seemed v painful when they touched it friday.

The number of sites you read it on is irrelevent.

Google up the word 'meme'. :)

Thanks for your help

No problem :laugh:

The point I'm trying to make is that you shouldn't read too much into unverified 'information' on the web.

Any computer literate knowall can construct a credible looking website containing all sorts of crap and misinformation. Others copy that misinformation and before you know it, it's accepted as the 'truth'.....that's what a 'meme' is.

So it pays to be rather sceptical.

Agreed that whole carcass is best though.

This season was the first that i fed day olds all the time, the results have been fantastic, healthy kits, adults looking and acting great, and the best thing is that it costs only £4.00 for 50 chicks.

A great choice.

This season was the first that i fed day olds all the time, the results have been fantastic, healthy kits, adults looking and acting great, and the best thing is that it costs only £4.00 for 50 chicks.

A great choice.

if you have the freezer space buy direct from honeybrook farm much cheaper

countryboyo get to your local butcher and ask him for some pet mince it's cheap as chips and has everything a ferret needs. meet, fat, bone ect. chuck in an ocasional egg but not to often or it'll make the scats loose and i only ever give water.

good look with the kit!!!.

Guest Countryboyo

Going to try shpoot a pigeon tomorrow. her swelling in the stomach is gone down but anus still the same so off to vet in the morning to see if they can sort it out this time. Thanks for all the help men and women. Il keep ye informed.