Kit has swollen anus, and pot belly

Guest Countryboyo

bring your kits to the vet, it could be urgent this isn't a commen sympton in these hardy lil feckers, if it tis something silly then at least you know and the vet can give her a once over while your there

better to be safe i always say, please do keep us posted and best of luck with her mate

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Countryboyo

Like I cant see how its the diet when one is fine. she was active enough this morning fuckit I know that if I ring the vet the f****r will be mad for me to take in the ferret for his money. Im not tight but dont want to jump the gun either. what ye think lads?

Like I cant see how its the diet when one is fine. she was active enough this morning fuckit I know that if I ring the vet the f****r will be mad for me to take in the ferret for his money. Im not tight but dont want to jump the gun either. what ye think lads?

Depends how much you value the ferret to be honest , remember that part of its inside is hanging out , thats not supposed to be hanging out

Guest Countryboyo

Depends how much you value the ferret to be honest , remember that part of its inside is hanging out , thats not supposed to be hanging out

fuckit id be better off headin to vet

fuckit id be better off headin to vet

Good man , its only a kit & it will at least be given a chance if it is something to worry about , might be full of beans now but they go down so quick

One of my 12 week old jill kits has a swollen anus and a pot belly. What could be wrong with her lads? I only have her since tuesday :wallbash:

Could well be extreme form of bloat, I've had this in a young ferret myself. If I was you I'd put her up in a hutch on her own and not feed her any food for a few hours , but allow her as much full fat milk as she'll take on board, this worked for me and my jill was ok within 24 hours, if no improvement by then get her to the vet....best of luck mate

Guest Countryboyo

Just back from vet lads they didnt know for sure what was wrong with her but they gave her a couple of injections. one to worm her and one was an antibiotic. They also wormed my other kit. they said to bring her back monday or tuesday if the swelling on her arse hasnt gone down. of course she was full of life at the vets trying to bite the hand off the two of us. he said to feed her as normal. I feed them bagged ferret food soaked in a bit of water. do ye think this is ok or should i try something different? like the white ferret is doing grand on it I cant get my head around it. Im hoping the swelling will go down over the weekend with the antibiotic.

Cleaned the foodbowel litter tray and their hutch in their run so fingers crossed. any advice greatly appreciated.

I feed them bagged ferret food soaked in a bit of water. do ye think this is ok

fresh rabbit, chopped into chunks, look at dogs that are fed on tinned dog food, there glands get full up because the arse aint working the way it was made to, the anal glands are there for a reason, to help expel bones/hard matter, if they only ever expel soft, the glands fill up

dont know if a fert have these glands, but ferts, even kitts are meat/ bone eaters, not soft food eaters

One of my 12 week old jill kits has a swollen anus and a pot belly. What could be wrong with her lads? I only have her since tuesday :wallbash:

Could well be extreme form of bloat, I've had this in a young ferret myself. If I was you I'd put her up in a hutch on her own and not feed her any food for a few hours , but allow her as much full fat milk as she'll take on board, this worked for me and my jill was ok within 24 hours, if no improvement by then get her to the vet....best of luck mate

milk is the last thing to give a ferret with a prolapsed rectum go straight through it, there lactose intollerent

Guest Countryboyo
I feed them bagged ferret food soaked in a bit of water. do ye think this is ok

fresh rabbit, chopped into chunks, look at dogs that are fed on tinned dog food, there glands get full up because the arse aint working the way it was made to, the anal glands are there for a reason, to help expel bones/hard matter, if they only ever expel soft, the glands fill up

dont know if a fert have these glands, but ferts, even kitts are meat/ bone eaters, not soft food eaters

Thanks stubby. would a magpie do if i just sliced its stomach open?