I have recently taken on a 13 month old bitch, said to be whippet collie/ grey whipet saluki. she is what i would say is quite under weight and i am really struggling to get her to eat a great deal. i was wandering if any one had any advice as to a good way of putting a bit of weight on to her and any advice on what diet you feed your lurchers.

thanks

alex

I have recently taken on a 13 month old bitch, said to be whippet collie/ grey whipet saluki. she is what i would say is quite under weight and i am really struggling to get her to eat a great deal. i was wandering if any one had any advice as to a good way of putting a bit of weight on to her and any advice on what diet you feed your lurchers.

thanks

alex

I am all for the raw meat diet, i am pretty much its greatest fan lol, A good friend of mine introduced us to it after our dogs kept refusing to eat and have never looked back sinse.

thanks

alex

beta greyhound is what i use have you wormed the bitch :(
when i want to put weight on a dog i use tripe and a little less excesise till the dog is built up again

:clapper: tripes the best for putting weight on,stick to barf mate and stay away from that over priced commercial shite dog food ;)

thanks

alex

plenty of protien and carbs !!! works wonders , start off slow then work up other wise u will run the insides out the dog!!

atb anythingoes :);)

thanks

alex

beta greyhound is what i use have you wormed the bitch :(

yea she is all wormed and been checked out by a vet, ill try the beta grey hound, i currently using the standard beta food which i use for my pointer. Are running dogs generly picky eaters? i have only kept gundog breads before and never encountered this before

thanks

alex

yea she is all wormed and been checked out by a vet, ill try the beta grey hound, i currently using the standard beta food which i use for my pointer. Are running dogs generly picky eaters? i have only kept gundog breads before and never encountered this before

thanks

alex

i only have 1 running dog, but 4 other dogs and everyone of them are picky i think it all depends on the dog

thanks

alex

Breast of Lamb is good ,plenty of fat content, tripe is actually pretty low in the good stuff.