Shot My first fox

So last night i went stalking with my mate / trainer,

he isn't to well at the moment so he opted for a night in a high seat, fine by me as i was up at 5 am rabbit shooting, then laying a sleeper railway garden stair case all day and was totally shattered.

We crossed the field to get to the high seat, but the bullocks were a little to interested in us and they started to freak me out a bit hahaha :icon_redface:

we reached the high seat and the rain came down, a red hind stood up and ran off to cover ( or i spooked it :o ) . No roe bucks showed, so just before last light my mate said he would squeak in a fox for me to shoot, as i am currently completing a NVQ in game and wildlife management and i need to show prof of me shooting a fox. I have heard that he was good at squeaking but hadn't actually seen it first hand, he started do all sorts of different sounds and he nodded for for me to get ready, then out of no where this fox came bursting through the cover runnning flat out! I wasn't remotely ready! hahaha i finally settled the cross hair squeezed the trigger of the sauer 202 6.5x55 .......F*CK i left the safety on! :icon_redface:

by the time i sorted my self out charlie had gone :o my mate looked at me like i had been eyeing up his gran for a one night stand! hahaha he then whispered get ready.... off goes the safety, he squeaked for a second,then a few more times and in comes the fox again! i couldn't believe it! i was ready and let it fly.......fox 0 langourourx 1 :gunsmilie:

I learnt alot last night, and cant wait to go lamping for charlie again.

post-16751-1247764544_thumb.jpg

You will always remember your first one mate

how come people like people shotting foxes and rabbits this time of year and they cry when people go lamping with dogs..>???????????????

i'd love to go with dogs personally just know anyone down here that does the business.