Women and hunting

My father was a hunter, and I hunted Rabbits with dogs as a kid, I am dog crazy, love them to bits. and also show my dog at dog shows,did crufts last year and qualified her for next year, I have never been a girly girl, I love being out in the open. There nothing better that watching a hunting dog hunt.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've tried getting the wife out with me a few times, but she always comes up with an excuse at the last minute. :( It's not so much she's squeamish, just bone fecking idle. The thought of all that walking brings her out in a cold sweat! :D

Most of the time, during the week, I couldn't care less what I'm wearing. More often than not I drop off the kids at school and nursery then go for a mooch with the mutts. There I am, at the school gates in wellies and mucky jeans and have two fine looking dogs with me. Do I care what the yummy mummies think? Do I heck as like - because when I want to look nice I can do without monumental effort. I have to scrub up nice, Snoop thinks I should be ladylike :laugh::laugh: :laugh: I like to look nice when it's appropriate. In my mind going out in the field is about practicality not prissiness.

My interest in working the dogs is deeply genuine - as such I'm not afraid to get dirty if I have to. In fact I think I look alright with a muddy face. Not that it matters ... there's only one person's opinion I care about anyway, besides my own. Since he won't let me come out with him he hasn't seen me looking too grim :laugh:

I THINK IM IN LOVE :wub::clapper: jaysus the man must have been a right twat.great to see the kids are starting right too,well done very large pat on the back.just had a peek at your photo ........LIFE IS SOOOOO UNFAIR,beautiful kids too LL.keep up the good work :notworthy:

:icon_redface: AWW now theres a compliment!! :clapper: and thank you xx

only correction one child!! just photos of different ages... if i get broody again i'l get another dog!! :icon_eek:

in regards to dressing up etc not often to be honest, i live in me steel toed boots, jeans and shirt having said that whenever i do dress up -though very very rarely in a skirt, people do notice which is great but i never wear make up, just don't have the time, patience and tis so expensive when theres purse nets, dog leads etc to buy!!

tis all about education, with so many young girls being taught to do hair and play with dolls etc where as a young boy will be given toy cars and tractors, thats why theres not so many girlies into hunting unless brought up with it

i'm an irish girlie who grew up in london, me mam would often send me to ireland so she could be free, so i helped out with the dairy cattle, calving sent next door to ye man who bred race horses and sent down the road to help train/walk racing greyhounds. thats where it all came from, by the time i was 13 i was bunking of school to go as far as tottenham marshes with a lil whippet for rabbits and the hunting obsession has grown from there!

me mother and a few other family members in london hate what i do, but like i say i'm not going to change for anyone, not again

pleasure chatting to everyone, sorry bout the eassey!!! lurcher lass xxx

my mrs was green ,she even thought hunting was cruel :icon_eek: untill i showed her what hunting was all about and what damige pests can do :yes: , she loves the dogs and ferrets but has still to come ferreting ,but she love wandering the feilds in the wee small hours with the lamp ,she would come every time if we didnt have the kids :victory:

I THINK IM IN LOVE :wub::clapper: jaysus the man must have been a right twat.great to see the kids are starting right too,well done very large pat on the back.just had a peek at your photo ........LIFE IS SOOOOO UNFAIR,beautiful kids too LL.keep up the good work :notworthy:

only correction one child!! just photos of different ages... if i get broody again i'l get another dog!! :icon_eek:

in regards to dressing up etc not often to be honest, i live in me steel toed boots, jeans and shirt having said that whenever i do dress up -though very very rarely in a skirt, people do notice which is great but i never wear make up, just don't have the time, patience and tis so expensive when theres purse nets, dog leads etc to buy!!

tis all about education, with so many young girls being taught to do hair and play with dolls etc where as a young boy will be given toy cars and tractors, thats why theres not so many girlies into hunting unless brought up with it

i'm an irish girlie who grew up in london, me mam would often send me to ireland so she could be free, so i helped out with the dairy cattle, calving sent next door to ye man who bred race horses and sent down the road to help train/walk racing greyhounds. thats where it all came from, by the time i was 13 i was bunking of school to go as far as tottenham marshes with a lil whippet for rabbits and the hunting obsession has grown from there!

me mother and a few other family members in london hate what i do, but like i say i'm not going to change for anyone, not again

I have often wonderd were you get all your knowledge from as i know it can make a world of difference [bANNED TEXT] you have been brought up around GOOD animal people.Take note some of the young male hunters you could learn alot from this young lady.atvb dell

I have often wonderd were you get all your knowledge from as i know it can make a world of difference [bANNED TEXT] you have been brought up around GOOD animal people.Take note some of the young male hunters you could learn alot from this young lady.atvb dell

tis nice getting these compliments!!!

thank you i do mean it, i still have plenty to learn though, so anyone who fancies company in any aspect of hunting please do ask :icon_redface: i'm based in suffolk but willing to travel x x x

I love going lamping that is where my passion lies! I would be out most night but i have 2 young kids. But i do manage to get out a bit thanks to my mother and father in law coming to stay at the week-end quite a lot! I grew up in Edinburgh and i didnt have a clue about hunting untill i met my partner 7 years ago! And i started going out all the time with him now i moan when he goes and i cant. I cant wait for the kids to get older so i can take them along (or till i pass my test so he can babysit! not alot of chance in this but i can live in hope of him babysitting that is).

i made a last grasp gesture to the missus,got a saluki pup.i was thinking it might get her out and about and see why i am always in the countryside........her comment to me was''NOT ANOTHER FCUKIN DOG'' :icon_redface:

DSCF0390.jpg

DSCF0384.jpg

HOW COULD YE NOT BE IMPRESSED WITH SUCH A LOVELY CREATURE :no:

the best bit is i get to keep her for myself and now the missus sees even less of me,good or what :clapper:

glad my missus came tonite she helped carry the bunnies the pups caught as

we were a few mile from the car. she loves having a mooch with the dogs,

the only problem i do have is making here stay quiet

she loves talking and its always at the wrong time,

cant realy complian ,i never get any greif shes a good gal.

lofti.

Guest hyperion
I love nothing more than to be out with the dogs, dispatching game doesn't worry me, and i can handle the various weather . . . . . . . When i was living in South Africa i did a lot of shooting and really enjoyed it . . . . :yes:

Equally i like getting my hair and nails done, wearing nice clothes, handbags, shoes, and scarves are 1 of my weaknesses . . . . . I'm a professional person and need to look smart a lot of the time. . . .. (thats the excuse i use for my account too!) :whistling:

I think it's about balance, my dogs and getting out hunting are a big part of my life, but i wouldn't want to be doing it everyday and night . . . . Odour "daed rabbit", has nothing on the sweet smell of Angel perfume! ;)

all ill say is mink hounds and leaky boots plus getting your car stuck in a boggy wood! lol! mind you you did look quite good while i was trying to dig the front wheels out of the mud!

miss T gets kinda blood thirsty now and again but she just takes it out on me by stabbing me in the back of the head with a spoon!

cheers

hyperion

i have worked the countryside since i was little (raised on a farm)

and it has taken a while to find a man that excepts that the animal come first. have heard its me or the dogs/horses three times i still have both the dogs and horses.

my hubbie doesn't hunt much (mostly through lack of time) and if there is a opportunity for one of us to get out i go as i have th kids 24/7 when hes away (army)

my boy 2 1/2 comes ferreting with me.

i spend more time in my Welles than anything else

when i do get dressed up it is really appreciated, which makes it worth the effort

if i had the choice of a hour to do my hair and makeup, or an hour out with the dogs i know which id chose every time!

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention

of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body,

but rather to skid in sideways

- Chardonnay in one hand

- chocolate in the other

- body thoroughly used up,

totally worn out and screaming 'WOW what a ride!'

what a woman :thumbs:

I've tried getting the wife out with me a few times, but she always comes up with an excuse at the last minute. :( It's not so much she's squeamish, just bone fecking idle. The thought of all that walking brings her out in a cold sweat! :D

Ha ha! That sounds like mine!

i made a last grasp gesture to the missus,got a saluki pup.i was thinking it might get her out and about and see why i am always in the countryside........her comment to me was''NOT ANOTHER FCUKIN DOG'' :icon_redface:

That's about right.

Sounds like we are married to the same women! :(