can eny one help is i bought a gun afew month back and got stoped by the police with it they say that it is over the limit they say it fiers 13.3 pounds and it is clased as a fire arm when the took it i now it was under the limit it is a air arms s410 clasick i have been told they could have terned it up with a aln key is this right and the slug they use could take it over thanks for eny help

I take it you didn't have it crono'd when you bought it...

I very much doubt the police would tune the gun up to do you, apart from being i would expect very illigal, what would be the point.

just took the word of lad we bought it off :icon_redface:

can eny one help is i bought a gun afew month back and got stoped by the police with it they say that it is over the limit they say it fiers 13.3 pounds and it is clased as a fire arm when the took it i now it was under the limit it is a air arms s410 clasick i have been told they could have terned it up with a aln key is this right and the slug they use could take it over thanks for eny help

What have they charged you with???

What have they charged you with???

nothing yet they just asked me some things in a interviw i no replied they said with it being over 12 poud it was clased as a fire arm

I take it you didn't have it crono'd when you bought it...

I very much doubt the police would tune the gun up to do you, apart from being i would expect very illigal, what would be the point.

just took the word of lad we bought it off :icon_redface:

Lesson learned mate. Good luck anyway.

have you seen the chrono print out/report??

un-likely they have "turned it up"

and there is every chance it was over the limit when you bought it........ALWAYS CHECK !!!!!

where were you when you where stopped????........and do you have written permission??

cheers

sean

so if they charg me [bANNED TEXT] is the penilty some one says they have been nown to give the guns back but they modifi it so it can not be tuned up and you get the bill for it

If what you say is correct you do not stand a cat in hells chance of seeing the rifle again, you are also looking at a firearms offense which is far from good for any future prospects.

If you were in my firearms region you may well get locked up, you would certainly have a BIG fine and criminal record.

The police attitude is considerably different throughout the country, keep your fingers crossed and do plenty of grovelling!

I think they will just destroy the gun and give you a caution, if you have no or little form, but if you get caught on another fire arms charge they will stick the boot in, and flog you with rolled up gun catalogues :D

Edited by stealthy1

It could easily have been over the limit when you bought it and I doubt they would have tuned it up just to nab you, seems a waste of time and too much paperwork.

Ask for a print out of the Chrono reading. Were you arrested or reported then bailed to court or what?

Firearms offenses are serious and will go against your hopes of having firearms in future.