feeding dry cat food your opinions

i was watching animal park which is longleat safari park they used to feed theyre ferrets on ferret food but theyre vets and researchers have studied over a number of years and have found that the ferrets are in peak condition when they are fed on cat food and the occasional meat

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got to addmit i give mine cat food , they still have carcusses thrown in there with them , it aint done any of mine any harm , and i know a few that feed theres cat food as well as meat .

i buy off cuts of meat from the butchers in frozen bags, the bags are 1lb and cost me 30p each, my ferrets have this when i have no rabbits for them, i also give them wiskas complete dry, the one with the meat parcels in them, i only use this when there is nothing else to give them and it is because i have 2 cats and thats what they eat. i also give them fresh eggs off my chickens once a week as a treat.

what's the bet someone has a problem with giving eggs to the fezzers??? :whistling:

What's the bet that someone doesn't know the problems that albumen causes? Someone like you, for instance?

well it is 100% protine but as a treat i think most foods are ok. i think a varied diet is best whatever you decide to feed. as people have said would you feed your kids on burgers, well my answer to that is yes but in moderation.

Eggs are not 100% protein, but then again neither is meat of course.

ferrit needs 36 percent protene

in a book on ferrets i red that ferrets need 85 percent meet protene and the rest bone fur and fever i feed mine fresh meet every day with sum dry ferret food

i say evry day but thay get fed about 9 30 ish to 10pm ish as all the flys av f****d off by then iv allways fed on a eavning as fresh meet goes bad fast in the hoter wether and bad meet will kill a young kit pritty fast

Edited by dpb82uk
ferrit needs 36 percent protene

in a book on ferrets i red that ferrets need 85 percent meet protene and the rest bone fur and fever i feed mine fresh meet every day with sum dry ferret food

Which book claims that ferrets need 85% meet (sic) protene (sic)?

There You go again just picking on Folks typos !! Nothing constructive to say........ then say Nothing!!!

i buy off cuts of meat from the butchers in frozen bags, the bags are 1lb and cost me 30p each, my ferrets have this when i have no rabbits for them, i also give them wiskas complete dry, the one with the meat parcels in them, i only use this when there is nothing else to give them and it is because i have 2 cats and thats what they eat. i also give them fresh eggs off my chickens once a week as a treat.

what's the bet someone has a problem with giving eggs to the fezzers??? :whistling:

What's the bet that someone doesn't know the problems that albumen causes? Someone like you, for instance?

obviously you don't know that every year mustlids ie fezzers weasles, mongoose, stoat etc etc all have a binge on eggs round about now!!! so sticking with a naturaly occuring balanced diet is obviously the best bet and like anything too mujch is always a bad thing MODERATION

obviously you don't know that every year mustlids ie fezzers weasles, mongoose, stoat etc etc all have a binge on eggs round about now!!! so sticking with a naturaly occuring balanced diet is obviously the best bet and like anything too much of one thing is always bad MODERATION is the key!!!

edited to say

b@stard double post sorry guys an gals

Edited by mushroom