First time longnetting

End pins, yes this is a forum for sharing our experiences good or bad ;) and long may it continue.

SWG, you come over as a self opiniated fool....well done for alienating your self.... :clapper::clapper::clapper: .

Having read his posts again I think that he does seem a little bitter, and out to cause trouble. Do you get many like that on here I have not read anything like that before.

Edited by End pins

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep at it, dont hang up your net! Go back as soon as you can again...Did you get Molecatchers book?

I looked at a friend's copy and thought what a pile of sh*t that it was, nothing new to what is already out there, save your money.

Don't all jump on my back trying to defend your mate who wrote it, I am intitled to my opinion and my opinion I will give, after all this is a hunting forum where we can all air our views.

Well Mr Daddy, you do have a right to air your views and air them you have but rather than go off like a spoilt little wild boy why not educate me to the reasons as to why its a pile of shit?

Ok what i wrote has been said before but tell me, as to what depth did they go into?

true he could save his money and i cant say i blame you for doing your best to save a fellow netter his cash, may i be so bold to suggest he goes out with you for a night or two, spend it in the campany of a real expert ( EX= something nolonger wanted or needed SPERT= annoying little drip under pressure ;) )

Dont get me wrong, i dont know it all and to be honest when im in such greatness of a man whos knowledge is so vast he cant find time to share it with others, like yourself, perhaps im intitled to write books that are full of shit as you put it.

But hry as you have said there only one persons views as these views are

Writers will put out a book on a subject...However, This time, I feel that the subject has chosen the writer to put out the book...For this particular writer is well deserved of being considered an absolute expert in his field, Not only has he a way with the long net, he has a way with words and a clear and straight down the line way of explaining what exactly hes talking about. There are far too many books on Long Netting that arent really written on Long Netting, they should be more aptly named "Memoirs of a wannabe Longnetter" of which these writers get carried away in their own minds writing pages of tall tales and stretched truths!

Not Martin King, Long Netting from peg to peg, In my opinion is now THE book on long netting for anyone interested in getting into, or anybody who pursues rabbits in general, should have a read. Veteran Long Netter and novice alike, can do nothing but gain from this clear, concise and well put together book. It takes the reader through from the conception of the net, through to ferreting with nets and much much more...I cannot recommend this book enough, I have to take my hat off to you Martin King....Everyone tried and failed, where you have tried and won! You have put together a book that actually explains long netting as it should be, something that other books have never done. Anyone considering some Long Netting literature...Long Netting from peg to peg is your first and last book. Congratulations to Martin King on an excellent piece of work and I look forward to more in the future.

Definetely a top piece of hunting literature. Anybody whos into the longnetting,or wants to be, this is a must. This is going to be the longnetters bible.

khukru

3 word review...........

SHIT HOT BOOK

PLEASE NOTE HE SAYS SHIT HOT BOOK, NOT A SHIT BOOK :D

Just read this book fan-bloody-tastic

I'm reading it at the moment. So far so good. Well impressed and if I got some discount for saying what a lovely person he is I wouldn't mind.

Ok I've finished the book. Its well good. Go buy it.

There just a few revirews from members off here, oh yeah then there was the cracking review by one of the top sporting writters in the BASC Mag and the very complimentary one in The Shooting Times. But hell like you say, only opinions.

well heres one for you, only an opinion of course.

Perhaps you should get in touch with Black dog trading, i here they do cracking leather leads collars etc, seeing as you have such a nice way of speaking to people nad expressing you thoughts and opinions, perhaps you could ask for his opinion on making you a nice leather muzzle for your new friend, you know, the green one ;)

green-eyed-monster.png

Oh yes i forgot, non of the above comments that may lead other members into believing that the member known as SWG is actually a cock, are based on fact, just that based on my opinion, ;)

SGW, do you have a timescale for this total forum dominance that you threaten.

Is it a coincedence that the school holidays have just started? A few words of advice put your brain into gear before you open your mouth. Then make sure you can substantiate what comes out. So far you have only made a fool of yourself. Longnetting Peg to Peg is full of good info for beginner and experienced netter alike. Can't wait to see what form your jottings and experience will take.

You put me in mind of a chap I spoke to at the Welsh this year all bull and no substance.

TC

What's up with you lot, can't take a little truth. If Martin wants to write a book, good for him, make a dvd aswell. But if people do, they are putting themselves up for criticism. I am allowed to say what I think on this forum about his book. I don't like it at all, thats my opinion and I was trying to save the chap money. I am not bitter or twisted and certainly not out to cause trouble. I have joined in a topic and said what I thought through my experience of reading a book. Am I not allowed to do this with out first giveing a hundred or more people who I don't know from Adam my life's story, well that ain't going to happen.

Go on king and all your worshipers, keep coming back with more. Not me, said my bit and thats it.

Edited by SGW
What's up with you lot, can't take a little truth. 1. If Martin wants to write a book, good for him, make a dvd aswell. But if people do, they are 2. putting themselves up for criticism. I am allowed to say what I think on this forum about his book. I don't like it at all, 3. thats my opinion and 4. I was trying to save the chap money. 5. I am not bitter or twisted and certainly not out to cause trouble. I have joined in a topic and said what I thought through my experience of reading a book. Am I not allowed to do this with out first giveing a hundred or more people who I don't know from Adam my life's story, well that ain't going to happen.

Go on king and all your worshipers, keep coming back with more. Not me, said my bit and thats it.

lets have a little look at your post.

1 Denotes that you know him personally.

2 Agree 100% anyone who writes a book is doing just that.

3 Thats all it is your opinion.

4 See number 3 how do you know what their opinion of the book would be?

5 You certainly are, but that is just my opinion. That carries just as much weight as your opinion here.

SGW You really are a sad person to have to stoop to this level, if you have a problem with Martin confont him face to face. From what I have seen at the Welsh Game Fairs over the years you are in no position to comment on any longnetting subject.

But there again that is just my opinion.

TC

Edited by tiercel
Guest MIST NET
What's up with you lot, can't take a little truth. If Martin wants to write a book, good for him, make a dvd aswell. But if people do, they are putting themselves up for criticism. I am allowed to say what I think on this forum about his book. I don't like it at all, thats my opinion and I was trying to save the chap money. I am not bitter or twisted and certainly not out to cause trouble. I have joined in a topic and said what I thought through my experience of reading a book. Am I not allowed to do this with out first giveing a hundred or more people who I don't know from Adam my life's story, well that ain't going to happen.

You seem a little calmer t'nite :D ...well done...now sit back relax and maybe..just maybe you may enjoy this site. :D ...

:D You certainly are entitled to your opinion SGW, can't argue with that, but if it's Jeff Nicholls book you're talking about I think it will open up molecatching to a lot of people who would otherwise still be struggling

No No my friend,did you not read the first few posts? I was talking about a long netting book that frankley it covered nothing new that has not already been wrote about in other books, mags, videos and to be quite truthfull how much can be video'ed, written about and talked about, after all, long netting is a simple thing to do. (Fu*k me, don't all jump on me again) . How much can be written on a simple subject, and to me this book shows that their is not a lot.

Sorry about that :icon_redface: I'll get my name changed to "Thicko" But I haven't read the book in question so I can't comment

opinions are all well and fine but what have they been based upon?

If its so shit and full of wrong advise please inlighten me and the other members on here. To say its shit and then withdraw speaks of not realy having a leg to stand on.

And if you are who i think you are, please give me a call as you have got my phone number. If i have it right, my lack of knowledge didnt stop you getting in touch with me when you wanted to know something did it?

so again, please inlighten me, im all ears.

I looked at a friend's copy and thought what a pile of sh*t that it was, nothing new to what is already out there, save your money.

Don't all jump on my back trying to defend your mate who wrote it, I am intitled to my opinion and my opinion I will give, after all this is a hunting forum where we can all air our views.

[/quot

how's the book a load of shite??????? the book is a step by step how to guide.its feckin brilliant..what else is availible????? crist atleast it aint some rehashed ferretting book where some nob heads hitting rabbits off the toe of his boot!!!!!