Odd Colour Kit

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Need to correct myself because the collection of databases is by the National Center for Biotechnology Information.   http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/   The databases are collated from studies from a

You've already had 2 examples of Waardenburgs ferrets, 'Lee'.   Your comments on working and showing are irrelevent prejudice.   There's none so blind as will not see. You are dead right there.  

Posted Images

the ferets taken to USA orginally came from here, he is testing them to find out what changes in different parts of world may have occured genetically as well as genetic conditions

Thank you so its not definitive that they are exactly the same then? possibly their ferrets are susceptable to genetic disorders that the Uk's ferrets are nt ? will have to wait for his findings then when will they be published? and how many ferret will of had samples taken from?

Y.I.S Leeview

If this is the case why do they use ferrets in medical research?

Y.I.S Leeview

They use them in Influenza research because of their well known susceptibility to human flu viruses. :D

So whats the chance that every deaf ferret has waardenburgs? Y.I.S Leeview

No-one said ALL deaf ferrets have Waardenburgs.

If you're going to debate this, at least stick to what was said and cease making it up as you go along. :laugh:

could be a possibiltiy Lee, the original stock would be a lot smaller than here so smaller gene pool. Horses in the US have slightly different genetic make up to ours but they originally came from Europe. Bob is trying to find out if the high incidence of adrenal/insuloma in the US is genetic and / or enviroment/husbandry. He sampled thousands of ferrets all over the world, he personally did it himself with another doctor so will be interesting when the results come out

So whats the chance that every deaf ferret has waardenburgs? Y.I.S Leeview

No-one said ALL deaf ferrets have Waardenburgs.

If you're going to debate this, at least stick to what was said and cease making it up as you go along. :laugh:

thats the first positive answer you've given on Waardenburgs, and could it not also be true that not all (your own included) splodgey ferrets have waardenburgs? Which without making it up as I go along brings me back to how many actual cases of waardenburgs have occurred in the UK? Perhaps Bob Church's research will throw some info up to enlighten

Y.I.S Leeview

I believe Professor IP Freely has done some interesting research into links between pet ferret owners and the ability to talk rubbish......................

Drat!!! that, my Nettle tea all over the screen :laugh:

I believe Professor IP Freely has done some interesting research into links between pet ferret owners and the ability to talk rubbish......................

do these links involve flaming ferret mods? :clapper::clapper:

Y.I.S Leeview

i have just wasted another 20 mins re-reading this post :icon_redface: , and have to say , leeview has only asked for a simple answer to his question. "wheres the proof about uk ferrets and this syndrome"

and no body has answered it, personly i only work ferrets , so am not intrested in your two's previouse bickering on another site. but am intrested in the wellfare of our ferrets.

so any chance of soom proof???????

do these links involve flaming ferret mods? :clapper::clapper:

Y.I.S Leeview

Im not sure, he passed on that research to his assistant, Hugh Jass........Flynn, nettle tea is to precious to spit out..............

i have just wasted another 20 mins re-reading this post :icon_redface: , and have to say , leeview has only asked for a simple answer to his question. "wheres the proof about uk ferrets and this syndrome"

and no body has answered it, personly i only work ferrets , so am not intrested in your two's previouse bickering on another site. but am intrested in the wellfare of our ferrets.

Two examples have been given TOMO mate... :yes:

Two examples have been given TOMO mate... :yes:

Where? PLEASE point these examples out?

Y.I.S Leeview