Odd Colour Kit

far from it droid I am of the opinion that there are no known cases in the UK, I challenge you to prove myself wrong with conclusive evidence that you are correct and it does occur in the UK

I'm well aware that's your opinion. One which you're perfectly entitled to. :notworthy:

So once again you come out with a statement that you cant back up :D:D

Y.I.S Leeview

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Need to correct myself because the collection of databases is by the National Center for Biotechnology Information.   http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/   The databases are collated from studies from a

You've already had 2 examples of Waardenburgs ferrets, 'Lee'.   Your comments on working and showing are irrelevent prejudice.   There's none so blind as will not see. You are dead right there.  

Posted Images

A friend (who lives in the UK) has a hob with a white head and mitts that's undoubtedly deaf. However, Leeview will no doubt say that he doesn't believe me so I'm probably wasting my time posting :whistling:

deafness is common in a lot of white breeds of animals but just because it does nt make ALL of those animals deaf does it, hows MF doing with his thesis on ferrets with white patches on their head are deaf? when he was only 16 :D:D you denied it ever happened at the time till your very good friend put you right Did you ever make it up with MN?

Y.I.S Leeview

far from it droid I am of the opinion that there are no known cases in the UK, I challenge you to prove myself wrong with conclusive evidence that you are correct and it does occur in the UK

I'm well aware that's your opinion. One which you're perfectly entitled to. :notworthy:

Y.I.S Leeview

What?

The statement that you're entitled to your opinion, 'Lee'?

:laugh:

Y.I.S Leeview

What?

The statement that you're entitled to your opinion, 'Lee'?

:laugh:

no the known instances you reclkon to know of it existing in the UK go on prove me wrong you know you wish you could

Y.I.S Leeview

You ask for evidence of Waardenburg's in the UK.

A friend (who lives in the UK) has a hob with a white head and mitts that's undoubtedly deaf. However, Leeview will no doubt say that he doesn't believe me so I'm probably wasting my time posting :whistling:

deafness is common in a lot of white breeds of animals but just because it does nt make ALL of those animals deaf does it,

You got it.

End of :whistling:

BTW if Waardenburg's common in other animals with white markings why should ferrets be any different?

Edited by Funfuret

deafness is common in a lot of white breeds of animals but just because it does nt make ALL of those animals deaf does it

Don't think it was ever argued that it causes all of them to be deaf...just increases the risk of it quite a bit.

But would you breed from those animals, knowing that risk is increased? I sure wouldn't. I'd want to be selecting the best stock possible to carry on the line.

There's plenty of really good ferrets to breed from, free from those risks. Those are the ones that should be bred.

It's like breeding dogs for colour instead of working ability, can't end well. :no:

no the known instances you reclkon to know of it existing in the UK go on prove me wrong you know you wish you could

Y.I.S Leeview

:laugh::laugh:

Do I need a visa to visit your planet, 'Lee'?

No problem droid I take from your lack of evidence that I asked for that you dont have any proof? and keep side stepping the questions I ask :clapper::clapper: I'll once again state in over 50yrs of keeping ferrets I've never come across or met anyone thats come across a ferret with Waardenburgs (Aleutians yes) on the other hand you have had ferrets 5yrs as pets, dont work them or show them claim to know that Waardenburgs exists in the UK but decline to say where your beleifs come from

Y.I.S Leeview

There's no need when scientific studies have already established that white markings on the head in animals is genetically linked to deafness/Waardenburg's. If you have a look on the National Institute of Biology's genetic databases you'll find that the white head markings/deafness link (Waardenburg's syndrome) even occurs in humans.

Mind you, although I normally work in the medical (human) sector, if you want to pay the costs of an audiologist to do the hearing tests, I'll be only to happy to set up a non-interventional observational study in UK ferrets. :)

Edited by Funfuret

Thank you, now are these scientific studies based on UK or foreign i.e other countries ferrets? can you give me these relevant links?

Theres none so blind as those that dont want see :D well go back and answer my questions to you about MF+MN

Y.I.S Leeview

Need to correct myself because the collection of databases is by the National Center for Biotechnology Information. :doh:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/

The databases are collated from studies from all over the world, i.e. they are a collection of international information and an international scientific resource.

It's human focused because most research is geared to humans but probably contains everything there is to know about genes. The ferret genome hasn't got a separate section because it hasn't been fully sequenced yet. Someone recently did put in application for funding to do the ferret genome sequencing. If they got the funding then soon a ferret genome should appear.

• Like 1