Odd Colour Kit

its quite simple. your whole website is a buisness geared around breeding and selling angora ferrets. angora ferrets cant feed their own young and dont have the weatherproof coat a working ferret needs. they can also have a nose cleft problem. theres no mention or pics of you working your ferrets on your website. ile not embarrass you by asking you to tell people how much you charge for these useless mutants

Coat is completely waterproof its undercoat they lack not top coat, the nose cleft does not impede them in any way. And they go for £200 each thats for full angoras the halfs and 3/4 are considerably less.

Why should there be any pics of me working on my site what the flick has that got to do with anything, have you ever met an angora ferret or are you making claims. There is no reason why an angora couldn't work certain sets wouldn't like to argue the toss with a bramble bush and an angora coat but they have the same instinct as a regular ferret.

Don't mean to be a prat [or maybe I do] but I've seen those coats and I would not put those ferrets to work on any set. Not a single one. Mud, water, tangles, all the things that wouldn't bother a normal ferret would be hell on those things.

Besides, a working ferret ought to be capable of working any set, not just an 'ideal' set. What warrens, in your opinion, would an angora be capable of working?

Also, £200 per ferret? its easy to see why you're breeding them, you peddlar.

Such a joke. :wallbash:

How can you deliberately breed animals that can't suckle their young properly?

You care feck all about ferrets, you just care about the profits you can make.

My hobs are very long coated, the jills on the otherhand are quite short haired and could quite easily work most sets.

How many angoras have you actually seen then?

And you can sweeping statements about how little i care for my ferts but you do not know me or my ferrets so yup you are a PRAT i have no profits to actually speak of.

Which sets, do elaborate? I see you've gone from saying 'certain' sets to 'most' sets. Which one is it? Make up your mind. And is there any advantage to working your £200 angora ferrets over a normal ferret? Again, they would not make good working ferrets.

Enough to know that they wouldn't fare well in the mud or dirty conditions and that their coat would be a hinderance in even light undergrowth.

I never said a thing about how you care for your ferrets, my claim is that you don't care about ferrets in general. Learn to read. This has nothing to do with whether or not you feed them well or tuck them into bed at night, this is about promoting responsible, considered breeding that will benefit ferrets in the long run.

If you did care, then you would look beyond your own nose and recognize that breeding angoras is not going to benefit the ferret population at all.

If money wasn't an issue, you wouldn't be charging that much for an angora and less for normal and half angoras.

I'm fine with being a prat, it's much better than being an angora peddlar.

Edited by Coneytrappr

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Need to correct myself because the collection of databases is by the National Center for Biotechnology Information.   http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/   The databases are collated from studies from a

You've already had 2 examples of Waardenburgs ferrets, 'Lee'.   Your comments on working and showing are irrelevent prejudice.   There's none so blind as will not see. You are dead right there.  

Posted Images

its quite simple. your whole website is a buisness geared around breeding and selling angora ferrets. angora ferrets cant feed their own young and dont have the weatherproof coat a working ferret needs. they can also have a nose cleft problem. theres no mention or pics of you working your ferrets on your website. ile not embarrass you by asking you to tell people how much you charge for these useless mutants

Coat is completely waterproof its undercoat they lack not top coat, the nose cleft does not impede them in any way. And they go for £200 each thats for full angoras the halfs and 3/4 are considerably less.

Why should there be any pics of me working on my site what the flick has that got to do with anything, have you ever met an angora ferret or are you making claims. There is no reason why an angora couldn't work certain sets wouldn't like to argue the toss with a bramble bush and an angora coat but they have the same instinct as a regular ferret.

Don't mean to be a prat [or maybe I do] but I've seen those coats and I would not put those ferrets to work on any set. Not a single one. Mud, water, tangles, all the things that wouldn't bother a normal ferret would be hell on those things.

Besides, a working ferret ought to be capable of working any set, not just an 'ideal' set. What warrens, in your opinion, would an angora be capable of working?

My hobs are very long coated, the jills on the otherhand are quite short haired and could quite easily work most sets.

And you can sweeping statements about how little i care for my ferts but you do not know me or my ferrets so yup you are a PRAT i have no profits to actually speak of.

Which sets, do elaborate? And is there any advantage to working your £200 angora ferrets over a normal ferret? Again, they would not make good working ferrets.

Enough to know that they wouldn't fare well in the mud or dirty conditions and that their coat would be a hinderance in even light undergrowth.

I never said a thing about how you care for your ferrets, my claim is that you don't care about ferrets in general. Learn to read. This has nothing to do with whether or not you feed them well or tuck them into bed at night, this is about promoting responsible, considered breeding that will benefit ferrets in the long run.

If you did care, then you would look beyond your own nose and recognize that breeding angoras is not going to benefit the ferret population at all.

If money wasn't an issue, you wouldn't be charging that much for an angora and less for normal and half angoras.

Angoras have been in the uk over 2 years, they are being brought into the uk left right and centre. I have had 2 litters and sold 5 angoras to good friends which will be neutered. The same will be done for all kits i breed if i am not sure about the buyers intentions or sell an adult it will be neutered.

Angoras are coming like it or not, a girl i know is importing all the angora colours under the sun for breeding against advise. The gene pool will be well and truly fecked but not by me and my small angora litters.

Which sets, do elaborate? And is there any advantage to working your £200 angora ferrets over a normal ferret? Again, they would not make good working ferrets.

Angoras have been in the uk over 2 years, they are being brought into the uk left right and centre. I have had 2 litters and sold 5 angoras to good friends which will be neutered. The same will be done for all kits i breed if i am not sure about the buyers intentions or sell an adult it will be neutered.

Angoras are coming like it or not, a girl i know is importing all the angora colours under the sun for breeding against advise. The gene pool will be well and truly fecked but not by me and my small angora litters.

You are contributing to it. You are deliberately breeding ferrets with deformities and it will have no positive impact.

End of story.

Now Look Malt!! Our Ferrets are part of Our working Team and treated accordingly!! no more no less then the Lurchers!!! this team helps keep a roof over My Head!!!

i therefore dred!!! the thought of WAARDENBURGS Enterering this country!!!]

seeking the truth and proof is of concern to US who work our ferrets!!

Now calm down reflect on your ranting and drink some camomile tea!!!

:clapper: Sh1t, I'm all out of camomile and all. :( Probably why I'm in such a foul mood. :yes:;)

You are contributing to it. You are deliberately breeding ferrets with deformities and it will have no positive impact.

End of story.

It's wrong, just as bad as the breeders of bulldogs whose bitches can't give birth naturally, breeders of king Charles spaniels whose skulls are to small for their brains, and breeders of pugs who cannot breath properly.

Why breed an animal that cannot suckle their own young? Answers on a postcard, but I suspect I already know the answer = £££££

End of story.

It's wrong, just as bad as the breeders of bulldogs whose bitches can't give birth naturally, breeders of king Charles spaniels whose skulls are to small for their brains, and breeders of pugs who cannot breath properly.

Why breed an animal that cannot give birth? Answers on a postcard, but I suspect I already know the answer = £££££

Huh? Angoras can give birth.

End of story.

Why breed an animal that suckle their own young? Answers on a postcard, but I suspect I already know the answer = £££££

Huh? Angoras can give birth.

Oops, I meant why breed an animal that can't suckle their young. I had the bulldog on the brain then, just as bad IMO.

what use is being able to give birth if you cant produce enough milk to rear your offspring :doh:

The angoras milk dries up at around 2 weeks i always have a surrogate mother in with them, they may be able to rear a litter but i am taking no chances in letting them do it by themselves.

Given a chance to evolve they may be able to rear their young.

what use is being able to give birth if you cant produce enough milk to rear your offspring :doh:

The angoras milk dries up at around 2 weeks i always have a surrogate mother in with them, they may be able to rear a litter but i am taking no chances in letting them do it by themselves.

Serious question. Do you not understand 'survival of the fittest?' :blink: You are breeding from animals that would die if not for human interference, in fact, exactly the opposite of evolution. :yes:

I have followed this thread with intrest. (Not of the sit and watch if a fight breaks out kind of intrest) Just the courious as to where it will end up type of intrest.

This thread has made me do some research in to Waardenburgs, from what I have read there are ferrets that show classic symptoms of Waardenburgs syndrome in this country and they all seem to stem from the breeding of BEW, Silvers or any other colour mutation.

Of course just because a ferret has one of the many symptoms of Waardenburgs it does not mean that the ferret has the syndrome, from what I can gather there are four types of Waardenburgs. Ferrets can only be affected by types 1 & 2. The only sure way of finding out if a ferret is carrying the waardenburg gene is to have the ferret tested, that involves cost and as sure as eggs is eggs if someone is breeding for monies they are not going to pay to have a ferret tested for a disease where the result if positive could possibly cut off their source of income.

Perhaps many years ago people where having the same conversation about albino ferrets as they are a genetic mutation of the polecat. They have an inherent defect in the middle ear is smaller than in the polecat although they are not deaf as such their hearing is impaired somewhat.

Personally I will not cross a polecat with an albino, but that is just me. I am in no position to tell other people what they can and cannot do. I will say this though we are at this moment in time about 10 maybe 15 years behind the Americans in breeding for colour or deformities. So it will not be long before there are confirmed cases of Waardenburgs in this country, if they are not here now.

I will ask a question of you all, if you had a confirmed case? Would you advertise the fact?

TC

Edited by tiercel

the best way for animals to evolve is natural selection or breeding for function not form. breeding angoras is neither of these. to get them to be healthier and raise their young normally you should breed them to normal ferrets that work, and then back again til the bad mothering goes away. but then they wont have the long hair and you wont get £200 a pop so you probably wont do that :thumbdown:

Serious question. Do you not understand 'survival of the fittest?' :blink: You are breeding from animals that would die if not for human interference, in fact, exactly the opposite of evolution. :yes:

Yes i do!

I have just visited a safari park in Scotland, lovely place, a lot of the animals i saw were extinct in the wild or near extinct. That makes me sad.

Why should angoras not have a chance, just because a few narrow minded people think they shouldn't.

Yes i do!

I have just visited a safari park in Scotland, lovely place, a lot of the animals i saw were extinct in the wild or near extinct. That makes me sad.

Why should angoras not have a chance, just because a few narrow minded people think they shouldn't.

:doh: Those animals in the park evolved of millions of years without the help of anyone, (unless your a creationist) not because nature/the almighty thought, "Ohh, isn't that coat nice, even though it serves no purpose and is actually detrimental to the species, I'll breed from that"

If a wild animal's got a long coat, you can be certain that it's there for a reason, not just because it looks nice. In fact, if a wild animal was born with a mutation that was detrimental, you could almost guarantee that it wouldn't survive to pass on it's genes. You don't see many short legged antelope, do you?