Odd Colour Kit

Whatever, over & out..

take that avoidance of answering where you think this Proof was then speaks volumes

Y.I.S Leeview

First off I've got nothing at all to prove to you or anybody. One person on here has told you that they have a 'marked ferret' and another has told you that they know of a marked ferret with the associated deafness. What more proof do you want? A genetic breakdown? Well, I can't give you that, I'm no geneticist. :no:

On the same card, you seem to be saying with 100% conviction that there aren't any ferrets with waardenburgs in the UK. It would appear that we are at a stalemate, I cannot prove with 100% certainty that I'm right, but then neither can you.

Why do you think that by constantly asking other people for proof makes you right? I could be childish like yourself, and insist that you prove me wrong. You cannot prove me wrong, any more than you can prove yourself right.

I've not stated anywhere that I could prove anything, only passed on knowledge that I have read form other sources.

I can't be f****d if I'm honest. There's plenty of info out there on the web that proves that certain types of breeding cause genetic defects. A ferret is a ferret, no matter where about in the world they are, they have the same genes. Has it occurred to you that the reason that these defects aren't as prevalent in the UK because we actually breed our ferrets for work and not for coat colour/form?

I don't expect you to understand this TBH, after you likened it to all people with aids having blond hair, via PM. :blink:

I reckon you're just using this thread as an excuse for an argument. I put up a picture of a working ferret on a rabbit, and that was all kinds of wrong, according to you, just because we'd been arguing about this particular subject.

I will not indulge your constant craving for confrontation any further, you've asked me for proof, I've asked you to prove me wrong. Neither of us can do so, so what is to be gained by furthering this debate? Do you think that if you continue to shout loudest & longest it will make what you're saying right & me wrong? Maybe in your own mind perhaps..

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Need to correct myself because the collection of databases is by the National Center for Biotechnology Information.   http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/   The databases are collated from studies from a

You've already had 2 examples of Waardenburgs ferrets, 'Lee'.   Your comments on working and showing are irrelevent prejudice.   There's none so blind as will not see. You are dead right there.  

Posted Images

I am curious as to why you think angoras should be culled, money aside.

why money aside isnt that a good enough reason? if there were none people like you who sell them for silly money wouldnt have an income :tongue2:

why money aside isnt that a good enough reason? if there were none people like you who sell them for silly money wouldnt have an income :tongue2:

Aye, that and the fact that they can't suckle their own young & have no undercoat. :doh:

we have had a couple of strange coluors cropping up this year used a silver dog put to to whites and a polcat the odd coloured ones came out the polcat all look healthy and will be kept and worked earn there keep all the best to you all

Now Look Malt!! Our Ferrets are part of Our working Team and treated accordingly!! no more no less then the Lurchers!!! this team helps keep a roof over My Head!!!

i therefore dred!!! the thought of WAARDENBURGS Enterering this country!!!]

seeking the truth and proof is of concern to US who work our ferrets!!

Now calm down reflect on your ranting and drink some camomile tea!!!

You what? Can you rephrase that cos i cannae understand it.

its quite simple. your whole website is a buisness geared around breeding and selling angora ferrets. angora ferrets cant feed their own young and dont have the weatherproof coat a working ferret needs. they can also have a nose cleft problem. theres no mention or pics of you working your ferrets on your website. ile not embarrass you by asking you to tell people how much you charge for these useless mutants

its quite simple. your whole website is a buisness geared around breeding and selling angora ferrets. angora ferrets cant feed their own young and dont have the weatherproof coat a working ferret needs. they can also have a nose cleft problem. theres no mention or pics of you working your ferrets on your website. ile not embarrass you by asking you to tell people how much you charge for these useless mutants

Coat is completely waterproof its undercoat they lack not top coat, the nose cleft does not impede them in any way. And they go for £200 each thats for full angoras the halfs and 3/4 are considerably less.

Why should there be any pics of me working on my site what the flick has that got to do with anything, have you ever met an angora ferret or are you making claims. There is no reason why an angora couldn't work certain sets wouldn't like to argue the toss with a bramble bush and an angora coat but they have the same instinct as a regular ferret.

£200 for a ferret is shocking you should feel shame showing your face on a forum like this where genuine people work their ferrets hard and breed kits from non mutant parents to carry on working lines and give them free or a few pounds :thumbdown:

Just a suggestionhere, 'Lee'

Try finding out what Waardenburgs actually IS. Then you'e see the significance of mitts, and ferrets with white markings round the head area.

You might also understand the significance of your post about 'CILIA' (I presume you mean cochlear cilia), deafness, and Waardenburgs, and possibly understand why not all Waardenburgs ferrets are deaf.

Until you show some evidence of having done this I'm outta here.

Debating with you is like debating with a 10 year old that wants sweets :laugh:

Try finding out what Waardenburgs actually IS. Then you'e see the significance of mitts, and ferrets with white markings round the head area.

You might also understand the significance of your post about 'CILIA' (I presume you mean cochlear cilia), deafness, and Waardenburgs, and possibly understand why not all Waardenburgs ferrets are deaf.

hee he :whistling:

back to the post never seen one like this but have one out of nine this year with no tail

The significance I see is you trying to say that mitts and ferrets with white markings round the head have waardenburgs? I asked you to provide proof of your belief that its present in the UK which you have failed to provide, how can I provide proof it does nt exist in the UK whereas yourself claiming you have a waardenburg marked ferret, do you believe its got waardenburgs? and have you had it checked and verified as having it?

The cilia was written as such but I would of thought cochlear too but once again USA site :whistling:

Y.I.S Leeview

Coat is completely waterproof its undercoat they lack not top coat, the nose cleft does not impede them in any way. And they go for £200 each thats for full angoras the halfs and 3/4 are considerably less.

Why should there be any pics of me working on my site what the flick has that got to do with anything, have you ever met an angora ferret or are you making claims. There is no reason why an angora couldn't work certain sets wouldn't like to argue the toss with a bramble bush and an angora coat but they have the same instinct as a regular ferret.

Don't mean to be a prat [or maybe I do] but I've seen those coats and I would not put those ferrets to work on any set. Not a single one. Mud, water, tangles, all the things that wouldn't bother a normal ferret would be hell on those things.

Besides, a working ferret ought to be capable of working any set, not just an 'ideal' set. What warrens, in your opinion, would an angora be capable of working?

Also, £200 per ferret? its easy to see why you're breeding them, you peddlar.

Such a joke. :wallbash:

How can you deliberately breed animals that can't suckle their young properly?

You care feck all about ferrets, you just care about the profits you can make.

Don't mean to be a prat [or maybe I do] but I've seen those coats and I would not put those ferrets to work on any set. Not a single one. Mud, water, tangles, all the things that wouldn't bother a normal ferret would be hell on those things.

Besides, a working ferret ought to be capable of working any set, not just an 'ideal' set. What warrens, in your opinion, would an angora be capable of working?

Also, £200 per ferret? its easy to see why you're breeding them, you peddlar.

Such a joke. :wallbash:

How can you deliberately breed animals that can't suckle their young properly?

You care feck all about ferrets, you just care about the profits you can make.

My hobs are very long coated, the jills on the otherhand are quite short haired and could quite easily work most sets.

How many angoras have you actually seen then?

And you can sweeping statements about how little i care for my ferts but you do not know me or my ferrets so yup you are a PRAT i have no profits to actually speak of.