Odd Colour Kit

Boils down to if someone would like a ferret as a pet why not get an angora.

Erm, because they are mutated in a way that's not natural, or healthy? :hmm:

Yeah they are perfectly healthy, the fact that they lack the ability to nurse their young doesn't make them unhealthy, apart from that the coat and nose pose no problems to them. The mutation came about naturally the breeding for it afterwards did not, in all litters of angoras you get full with the nose and some with just long coats and some that look like regular ferts.

Some people want a ladrador some want a labradoodle, personal choice.

One thing though you have been polite throughout this debate a lot will turn it into an arguement, but i am done for now i have the last 2 episodes of supernatural to watch.

Shame you are not closer i would love to show you my ferrets to see what you think of their health. ( heck that sounds like a c'mon "come here little boy and see my ferrets")

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Need to correct myself because the collection of databases is by the National Center for Biotechnology Information.   http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/   The databases are collated from studies from a

You've already had 2 examples of Waardenburgs ferrets, 'Lee'.   Your comments on working and showing are irrelevent prejudice.   There's none so blind as will not see. You are dead right there.  

Posted Images

Yeah they are perfectly healthy, the fact that they lack the ability to nurse their young doesn't make them unhealthy, apart from that the coat and nose pose no problems to them. The mutation came about naturally the breeding for it afterwards did not, in all litters of angoras you get full with the nose and some with just long coats and some that look like regular ferts.

One thing though you have been polite throughout this debate a lot will turn it into an arguement, but i am done for now i have the last 2 episodes of supernatural to watch.

Shame you are not closer i would love to show you my ferrets to see what you think of their health. ( heck that sounds like a c'mon "come here little boy and see my ferrets")

:o I'm not little I'll have you know, perhaps a bit short maybe, but not little! :D

I'm all for debate but I still can't see how an animal which is unable to feed it's own young, can be classed as 'Healthy'. :no:

Health takes many forms, not just ailments & illness.

:o I'm not little I'll have you know, perhaps a bit short maybe, but not little! :D

I'm all for debate but I still can't see how an animal which is unable to feed it's own young, can be classed as 'Healthy'. :no:

Health takes many forms, not just ailments & illness.

LOL.

We could and probably would still be at when the blinking kit of Gentle's is ready to breed from ( which no i wouldn't by the way ) and we would still be going round in circles.

Still be at it sounds bad too i am going to shurrup now and watch some telly.

The cost a packet is hardly a for arguemnt but i am a lot cheaper then importing and more or less the going rate for the uk at present, though like anything they will drop in price. Mine will be cheaper next year as i won't have to pay back the money it cost and i am looking at nearly £2000 at the moment.

For pet owners yes they look nice and mine at least have very good natures, small nose clefts and good health.

Its the same as anything the fact that people want them makes them in demand, i originally got mine as as pets and they still are that if for some reason they had to be all spayed then they would be.

And as i originally said if i still did work my ferts there is no reason why Chanel and Yinthe wouldn't work they are relatiavely short haired and in great shape.

I am not against ferrets as pets, it can only serve to enhance the profile of the ferret. Lets be fair the ferrets reputation over the last 50 years or so has suffered at the hands of well meaning but misinformed people. The much maligned characters that are the little stinker or what ever name you wish to call them. Have suffered from a catalogue of old wives tales, most of which are not true. I think we all can agree on that?

However, I cannot condone the breeding of genetically deformed ferrets as a separate breed, ie Angora ferrets, Pandas etc these variations of ferrets while possible to happen in the wild would not live without human intervention. Therefore would not have a chance to propagate and become a separate strain. Natural selection?

I cannot express in words the contempt I feel for the people who put the buck first and well being of the species second.

TC

Well wasted another hour and a half of my life on this crap.

At one end of the scale you have got some kid bating a live rabbit with a hungry ferret and thinks its a worker. :wallbash:

At the other end you've got a supposedly sane woman breeding defects into ferrets and thinks its cute. :sick:

What about the nearly normal coats that will be bred back to normals workers :doh:

Truly unbelievable P1

At one end of the scale you have got some kid bating a live rabbit with a hungry ferret and thinks its a worker. :wallbash:

Truly unbelievable P1

If you are referring to me, you are very much mistaken.

1) I'm no kid, most blokes would get offended at the age of 31 being spoken to like that...

2) The ferret was not hungry, I feed my ferrets the night before I work them and give them a little something before I work them. I don't use a locater so I can't afford to have a hungry ferret running about a warren.

3) I've already explained, but seeing as the site seems to be full of belligerent, myopic turds, I'll explain again, the rabbit had only just been taken out of the bush mere seconds before that photo was taken, and was dispatched cleanly seconds after.

4) That ferret will work rabbits all day, with a full belly. Then it will do it again the next day. ..and the next. If that's not a sign of a working ferret, I'm buggered if I know what is..

PS, I await being told off for choosing not to use a locater..

Truly unbelievable P1

1) I'm no kid, most blokes would get offended at the age of 31 being spoken to like that...

2) The ferret was not hungry, I feed my ferrets the night before I work them and give them a little something before I work them. I don't use a locater so I can't afford to have a hungry ferret running about a warren.

3) I've already explained, but seeing as the site seems to be full of belligerent, myopic turds, I'll explain again, the rabbit had only just been taken out of the bush mere seconds before that photo was taken, and was dispatched cleanly seconds after.

4) That ferret will work rabbits all day, with a full belly. Then it will do it again the next day. ..and the next. If that's not a sign of a working ferret, I'm buggered if I know what is..

Yea sorry mate got your age wrong.

Truly unbelievable P1

Yea sorry mate got your age wrong.

:clapper: Just the age eh? :laugh:

Truly unbelievable P1

It is I have to agree with you. How can anyone read through an hour and a halfs of crap and only come to the conclusion at the end is, "Truly unbelievable"!

TC

well it seems that all this has been for Porthcawl as Gentle has decided to breed from the kit next year.

From another forum.

Yes mate, I intend breeding from him next year and see what we get.

Beggers the question, does anyone take any notice of good advice that is posted on forums?

TC

well it seems that all this has been for Porthcawl as Gentle has decided to breed from the kit next year.

From another forum.

Beggers the question, does anyone take any notice of good advice that is posted on forums?

TC

At least you tried :yes:

From another forum.

TC

Obviously not mate. :no:

From another forum.

TC

That quote is five days old mate.

After reading this thread the last thing I want is a litter of deaf kits.

That kit will be worked and treated like any other ferret that I've owned.

BTW, I said at the start of this thread I planned to breed him next year. ;)

Edited by Gentle

From another forum.

TC

That quote is five days old mate.

After reading this thread the last thing I want is a litter of deaf kits.

That kit will be worked and treated like any other ferret that I've owned.

BTW, I said at the start of this thread I planned to breed him next year. ;)

I really hope that you don't end up breeding from him. That poley under your name is a cracker however, would love to see more like that :thumbs:

So who won the Angora Ferret arguement? :D

:clapper: Put yer fecking big spoon away Stealthy! :laugh:

I was only interested outcome! :laugh:

Well, the 'for' argument ran out of steam pretty quickly, draw your own conclusions matey! :D

Nope very much for still, i was bathing and putting to bed my little girl.

Look back at the previous threads its all been said before on multiple forums, pointless me going over it again and again.

I see other views and appreciate them, i will still breed my few angoras and still bash heads whilst doing so.

So, what's your argument then, I mean apart from 'they look nice? :blink: (..oh, and cost a fecking packet. :yes:)

The cost a packet is hardly a for arguemnt but i am a lot cheaper then importing and more or less the going rate for the uk at present, though like anything they will drop in price. Mine will be cheaper next year as i won't have to pay back the money it cost and i am looking at nearly £2000 at the moment.

For pet owners yes they look nice and mine at least have very good natures, small nose clefts and good health.

Its the same as anything the fact that people want them makes them in demand, i originally got mine as as pets and they still are that if for some reason they had to be all spayed then they would be.

And as i originally said if i still did work my ferts there is no reason why Chanel and Yinthe wouldn't work they are relatiavely short haired and in great shape.

Thought you said money wasn't a motive? But there you admit to having found a niche market, and are using them to pay off the ridiculous amount of money you spent on them in the first place.

Discovering a demand for something doesn't mean that you have to exploit it.

Soooo you argue for working angoras by stating the shortest furred ones would be ok...doesn't that rather contradict your point? So transparent. :thumbdown:

I am quite convinced that they wouldn't do well at all. An undercoat is important for keeping a ferret warm, the guard hairs are simply there to protect that insulating fur...notice that when a ferret gets wet the guard hairs hold the water and clump together...with no undercoat they would get chilled very swifty if they got even a little damp.

Total muppet. :no: