Odd Colour Kit

Well sorry but I totally disagree :censored: if anyone dangled you from a building would nt you hang on for fear of falling? If a ferret bites and hangs on to you what do you do? prise it off? or put your hand down so the ferrets feet are on the floor/surface and it will let go, EoD shots ferrets walk around over dead rabbits dont they because there not struggling fighting back

Y.I.S Leeview

That rabbit was still very much alive in that photo, we;d just pulled it out of the bush where the rabbit had bolted into with the ferret attached. My ferrets dangle that high up in their court without fear of falling anyway.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Need to correct myself because the collection of databases is by the National Center for Biotechnology Information.   http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/   The databases are collated from studies from a

You've already had 2 examples of Waardenburgs ferrets, 'Lee'.   Your comments on working and showing are irrelevent prejudice.   There's none so blind as will not see. You are dead right there.  

Posted Images

Show folk have already buggered ferrets up but all it means is you have to be careful where you get new stock.At the moment no big deal. P1

Yeah, I thought of that towards the end of my last post! :D

I don't even know why I'm worried about it TBH, my ferrets will always be bred with the animals health, then working ability as a priority not the colour. There'll always be good stock in the UK IMO, because others will still breed for the same reason.

:thumbs:

Lee mate, if you think that a genetic disorder is the same as something like rabies, you crack on mate. There's no point in trying to further the discussion.

Especially as I found out when I tried to reply to that PM you sent me, only to find out you had put me on your block list. I'd spent a good while typing it too ya git, what's the craic with that? :D

No I was making the point that just because its on wikipaedia does nt mean we have the problem in the UK

SORRY about the block it was news to myself

Y.I.S Leeview

Well sorry but I totally disagree :censored: if anyone dangled you from a building would nt you hang on for fear of falling? If a ferret bites and hangs on to you what do you do? prise it off? or put your hand down so the ferrets feet are on the floor/surface and it will let go, EoD shots ferrets walk around over dead rabbits dont they because there not struggling fighting back

Y.I.S Leeview

That rabbit was still very much alive in that photo, we;d just pulled it out of the bush where the rabbit had bolted into with the ferret attached. My ferrets dangle that high up in their court without fear of falling.

The first thing you should do is despatch the rabbit not stand about posing for pics, the anti's will have a far more explicit caption to that pic

Y.I.S Leeview

Y.I.S Leeview

That rabbit was still very much alive in that photo, we;d just pulled it out of the bush where the rabbit had bolted into with the ferret attached. My ferrets dangle that high up in their court without fear of falling.

The first thing you should do is despatch the rabbit not stand about posing for pics, the anti's will have a far more explicit caption to that pic

Y.I.S Leeview

I've suffered badly by putting my hand anywhere near the rabbits neck with her still attached before, I've got to be careful! She accidentally mistook my hand for the rabbit as I got her off! We've usually got a camera ready for action shots, if one of us remembers to take one. :yes: That rabbit had literally just been pulled out of the bush.

..but then hey, we could keep this fecking bickering up all night, it's got feck all to do with on odd coloured kit, :blink: but there we are! :cheers:

The antis will get more pleasure out of us acting like a batty pair of old women fighting over a bargain at the local Sally army jumble sale than they will out of a picture of a ferret & a rabbit! :D

Mal Wheres the show bit come into it? I have in the past successfully shown my working ferrets but never bred other than BEST worker to BEST worker that were good enough to win at ferret shows, as I've done to droid I challenge you to give evidence of Waardenburgs occurring in the UK

Y.I.S Leeview

Let's have a bit of a history lesson here. :)

The main reason Leeview has a thing about whether Waardenburgs exists in this country is that about 2 years ago there was a very long and bitter debate on Flaming Ferret regarding the breeding of Waardenburgs ferrets by the Show fraternity.

Leeview (in an alter ego) dived in with both feet and made a complete spanner of himself.

He hates the person who started the debate, and anyone who supported him (like me boo hoo)

And yes, I have a Waardenburgs marked ferret. She's asleep in the ferret room at the mo. Silver mitt jill. Not deaf, as far as I can tell. But if you understood the causation of Waardenburgs you'd know why mitts are unlikely to be deaf.

But I won't bother explaining, since Leeview says Waardenburgs doesn't exist in this country so I must be imagining it.... :laugh::laugh:

Mal Wheres the show bit come into it? I have in the past successfully shown my working ferrets but never bred other than BEST worker to BEST worker that were good enough to win at ferret shows, as I've done to droid I challenge you to give evidence of Waardenburgs occurring in the UK

Y.I.S Leeview

Let's have a bit of a history lesson here. :)

The main reason Leeview has a thing about whether Waardenburgs exists in this country is that about 2 years ago there was a very long and bitter debate on Flaming Ferret regarding the breeding of Waardenburgs ferrets by the Show fraternity.

Leeview (in an alter ego) dived in with both feet and made a complete spanner of himself.

He hates the person who started the debate, and anyone who supported him (like me boo hoo)

And yes, I have a Waardenburgs marked ferret. She's asleep in the ferret room at the mo. Silver mitt jill. Not deaf, as far as I can tell. But if you understood the causation of Waardenburgs you'd know why mitts are unlikely to be deaf.

But I won't bother explaining, since Leeview says Waardenburgs doesn't exist in this country so I must be imagining it.... :laugh::laugh:

Feel free as a root admin/moderator to put my last post up from flaming ferret, I think you'll find it nearer 2005 and what was my arguement? like here no proof was forthcoming of cases in the UK, Why would the show fraternity breed Waardenburg ferrets? the show people bred for the classes available, never came across a class for splodge/Waardenburg ferrets

You have a Waardenburg MARKED ferret? now does it have confirmed Waardenburgs complete with skull deformation or just the markings? Any pics of this said marked ferret?

Y.I.S Leeview

Feel free as a root admin/moderator to put my last post up from flaming ferret, I think you'll find it nearer 2005 and what was my arguement? like here no proof was forthcoming of cases in the UK, Why would the show fraternity breed Waardenburg ferrets? the show people bred for the classes available, never came across a class for splodge/Waardenburg ferrets

You have a Waardenburg MARKED ferret? now does it have confirmed Waardenburgs complete with skull deformation or just the markings? Any pics of this said marked ferret?

Y.I.S Leeview

Life's too short 'Lee'. And I'm sure that's what your last post on Flaming was, but the damage was done earlier.

Waardenburgs is a 'syndrome', ie a set of symptoms any of which point to a known neurodevelopmental problem. Not all of the symptoms need to be there to 'prove' the syndrome. But I'm sure you knew that already. Clearly your comparing a genetic problem to a viral disease was just in jest.

No pics of the ferret. I'm not that sad. I know what my ferrets look like, I don't need to take pics of them all. Anyway I'm crap at posting pics up.

Lets get one thing straight here, 'Lee'. I don't give a bugger whether you believe me or not. If you don't, crack on. You don't seem to breed much, so there's limited damage your ignorance can cause.

Y.I.J Droid

Y.I.S Leeview

Life's too short 'Lee'. And I'm sure that's what your last post on Flaming was, but the damage was done earlier.

Waardenburgs is a 'syndrome', ie a set of symptoms any of which point to a known neurodevelopmental problem. Not all of the symptoms need to be there to 'prove' the syndrome. But I'm sure you knew that already. Clearly your comparing a genetic problem to a viral disease was just in jest.

No pics of the ferret. I'm not that sad. I know what my ferrets look like, I don't need to take pics of them all. Anyway I'm crap at posting pics up.

Lets get one thing straight here, 'Lee'. I don't give a bugger whether you believe me or not. If you don't, crack on. You don't seem to breed much, so there's limited damage your ignorance can cause.

Y.I.J Droid

far from it droid I am of the opinion that there are no known cases in the UK, I challenge you to prove myself wrong with conclusive evidence that you are correct and it does occur in the UK
far from it droid I am of the opinion that there are no known cases in the UK, I challenge you to prove myself wrong with conclusive evidence that you are correct and it does occur in the UK

I'm well aware that's your opinion. One which you're perfectly entitled to. :notworthy: