Odd Colour Kit

maltenby where did that quote come from? Also how many (members/readers) have actually had/bred a litter that produced a ferret confirmed as having Waardenburg syndrome in the UK?

Y.I.S Leeview

So it's bullshit then is it, and breeding for colours over form hasn't f****d the health of the ferret stock in other countries?

f*****g show types, bah. :censored:

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Need to correct myself because the collection of databases is by the National Center for Biotechnology Information.   http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/   The databases are collated from studies from a

You've already had 2 examples of Waardenburgs ferrets, 'Lee'.   Your comments on working and showing are irrelevent prejudice.   There's none so blind as will not see. You are dead right there.  

Posted Images

maltenby where did that quote come from? Also how many (members/readers) have actually had/bred a litter that produced a ferret confirmed as having Waardenburg syndrome in the UK?

Y.I.S Leeview

So it's bullshit then is it, and breeding for colours over form hasn't f****d the health of the ferret stock in other countries?

Just answer the question

Y.I.S Leeview

Just answer the question

You a show type too then? :D

That particular extract was from the bible of truth that is wikipedia...

Para, you seem to be a man who knows a bit, do you agree with the breeding of ferrets purely for colour? It's done no favours in other countries like the US & Denmark, as members from those countries will verify, and have done on here before.

..and as an added note to this:

Also how many (members/readers) have actually had/bred a litter that produced a ferret confirmed as having Waardenburg syndrome in the UK?

why do people assume that the entire population of ferret owners in the UK use this site? I'd say the vast majority of ferret owners in the UK don't even know that this site exists..

Because, Mal, according to Leeview Wardenburgs is either

a ) contagious, or

b ) doesn't exist in ferrets.

:D

Well ok then provide me with evidence of actual cases in the UK of Waardenburgs in ferrets

Y.I.S Leeview

Mal Wheres the show bit come into it? I have in the past successfully shown my working ferrets but never bred other than BEST worker to BEST worker that were good enough to win at ferret shows, as I've done to droid I challenge you to give evidence of Waardenburgs occurring in the UK

Y.I.S Leeview

Mal Wheres the show bit come into it? I have in the past successfully shown my working ferrets but never bred other than BEST worker to BEST worker that were good enough to win at ferret shows, as I've done to droid I challenge you to give evidence of Waardenburgs occurring in the UK

Y.I.S Leeview

Sorry Lee, I don't know where I got the show bit from, but I sometimes get the picture that your views on breeding ferrets don't make the health of the offspring a priority. :no: Apologies if that's not the case.

Did you see that kit that 'The Fezz' bred? Looks to me to have the characteristic 'white stripe' on it's head, be interesting to see if it turns out deaf. :yes: It's been proved in other counties that offspring from such matings can suffer from a 'Waardenburg like' effect. Why risk it happening here by breeding stock purely for colour?

I don't even know why I'm worried about it TBH, my ferrets will always be bred with the animals health, then working ability as a priority not the colour. There'll always be good stock in the UK IMO, because others will still breed for the same reason.

Y.I.S Leeview

Sorry Lee, I don't know where I got the show bit from, but I sometimes get the picture that your views on breeding ferrets don't make the health of the offspring a priority. :no: Apologies if that's not the case.

Did you see that kit that 'The Fezz' bred? Looks to me to have the characteristic 'white stripe' on it's head, be interesting to see if it turns out deaf. :yes: It's been proved in other counties that offspring from such matings can suffer from a 'Waardenburg like' effect. Why risk it happening here by breeding stock purely for colour?

I don't even know why I'm worried about it TBH, my ferrets will always be bred with the animals health, then working ability as a priority not the colour. There'll always be good stock in the UK IMO, because others will still breed for the same reason.

Thanks Mal I appreciate your honesty, I notice having just got back in no other evidence has been forthcoming which does nt surprise me, wikipaedia is world wide and just because its on there does nt mean its rife in the UK our animal welfare laws see to that as importing animals less than 100% healthy dont get through the system. Look up Rabies on wikipaedia that also will be mentioned but its not a problem in this country is it

Y.I.S Leeview

I believe that breeding for anything other than working ability in ferrets will ruin them full stop.

When vast sweeping statements are made it would be nice to see them backed up with fact.

Most polecats have a splash of white usually on the throat does this make them not safe to breed from?.

Show folk have already buggered ferrets up but all it means is you have to be careful where you get new stock.At the moment no big deal. P1

I believe that breeding for anything other than working ability in ferrets will ruin them full stop.

When vast sweeping statements are made it would be nice to see them backed up with fact.

Most polecats have a splash of white usually on the throat does this make them not safe to breed from?.

Show folk have already buggered ferrets up but all it means is you have to be careful where you get new stock.At the moment no big deal. P1

Agree with you wholeheartedly, now cue droid who does nt believe that there is a working gene its just instinct and any ferret will work,

Y.I.S Leeview

Agree with you wholeheartedly, now cue droid who does nt believe that there is a working gene its just instinct and any ferret will work,

Y.I.S Leeview

Just because a rabbit will bolt to the smell of a ferret dos'nt mean the ferret is working :laugh::laugh:

Lets face it some people will never know what a GOOD ferret is . :hmm:

Yeah, I thought of that towards the end of my last post! :D

:thumbs:

Lee mate, if you think that a genetic disorder is the same as something like rabies, you crack on mate. There's no point in trying to further the discussion.

Especially as I found out when I tried to reply to that PM you sent me, only to find out you had put me on your block list. I'd spent a good while typing it too ya git, what's the craic with that? :D

Y.I.S Leeview

Just because a rabbit will bolt to the smell of a ferret dos'nt mean the ferret is working :laugh::laugh:

there PRICELESS

Y.I.S Leeview

Y.I.S Leeview

there PRICELESS

Y.I.S Leeview

I'd say this is a good ferret:

HPIM0741.jpg

Goes straight for the thought every time, and doesn't let go until the rabbit stops kicking. :D

Y.I.S Leeview

there PRICELESS

Y.I.S Leeview

I'd say this is a good ferret:

Well sorry but I totally disagree :censored: if anyone dangled you from a building would nt you hang on for fear of falling? If a ferret bites and hangs on to you what do you do? prise it off? or put your hand down so the ferrets feet are on the floor/surface and it will let go, EoD shots ferrets walk around over dead rabbits dont they because there not struggling fighting back

Y.I.S Leeview

HPIM0741.jpg

Goes straight for the thought every time, and doesn't let go until the rabbit stops kicking. :D