theoben mfr pellet dropping

Hi folks

Im in need of a bit of advice I went out early this morn with my rapid mfr ,in which i purchased last wk, i shot the first rabbit no problem but then i started to miss a lot the pellets seem to be dropping a bit low i have worked out that i have put about 130 pellets threw the gun {on a supposably fully charged buddy bottle] i reset my scopes and my groupings wernt very consistant again dropping low could this be the buddy bottle needs charged back up or could there be a fault in the gun? i am new to the rapid range so a bit of advice would be great as i havent a clue really

Cheers for your time

Happy hunting

Hi folks

Im in need of a bit of advice I went out early this morn with my rapid mfr ,in which i purchased last wk, i shot the first rabbit no problem but then i started to miss a lot the pellets seem to be dropping a bit low i have worked out that i have put about 130 pellets threw the gun {on a supposably fully charged buddy bottle] i reset my scopes and my groupings wernt very consistant again dropping low could this be the buddy bottle needs charged back up or could there be a fault in the gun? i am new to the rapid range so a bit of advice would be great as i havent a clue really

Cheers for your time

Happy hunting

depending on how old the gun is, it may need the regulator servicing, replacing, i have found with mine that its a bit pellet fussy. h and n f t trophy work a treat in my .22, or good old powapells.

theoben say

Max energy & shots per charge from a 280cc bottle filled to 232 bar (3200 psi)

.22 12ft/lbs 300 shots .177 12ft/lbs 220 shots

so at 130 shots you should still be fairly accurate so you may have a problem with the bottle seals, best to wait for a post from some one who knows more about pcp guns, theirs a few good uns on here who will give you good advice ;)

thanks for your time lads i have checked the pressure and its at 100 bar I have been looking allday to get a diving bottle filled up{with no luck} and a freind of mine had a pump so we took the nozzle off the divin bottle and put it on the pump got it up too 200 bar and the air started leaking, so managed to get it off at 100 {the same pressure i started} so im back to square one haha never mind i am going to go out shortly and shoot quite a few pellets to see if they are still dropping!! could the gun just need air if it is still dropping any comments/ advice much appreciated

Thanks for your time lads

Happy hunting

Sounds like it has dropped off the reg. Fill the bottle to 230bar and you should get 170 ish shots before it drops off again.

i'd say chrono it, i had exactly the same problem with me air arms, took it out and couldn't hit a thing it got so bad you could see the pellet drop when looking through the scope.

Ran it through the chrono and found a massive power drop, changed all the seals and shes been as good as gold since...got the seals through ebay even a dvd thrown in to show you what to do if you ain't got a clue

thanks for your time lads i have checked the pressure and its at 100 bar I have been looking allday to get a diving bottle filled up{with no luck} and a freind of mine had a pump so we took the nozzle off the divin bottle and put it on the pump got it up too 200 bar and the air started leaking, so managed to get it off at 100 {the same pressure i started} so im back to square one haha never mind i am going to go out shortly and shoot quite a few pellets to see if they are still dropping!! could the gun just need air if it is still dropping any comments/ advice much appreciated

Thanks for your time lads

Happy hunting

I fill my Air Arms 410 to approx 180 bar the 1st and last few shots will be off

Hi folks

Cheers for your time

Happy hunting

where abouts do you live mate,if you dont mind travelling you can put a bottle from my gun onto yours to see if thats the problem,i dont get any problems with my gun,i normally get around 150 to 180 pellets at full power,but i tend to fill up the bottle after 100 or so,i am using purple tin eley wasp at the moment and they seem to be fine,my gun is a .22