fishing in spain

Plenty of mullet in the harbours, also bream but most are small, good fun tho' on a light rod, bait? bread and use the small limpets that are attached to the harbour walls and rocks, worked for me.

Never done anything with spinners. I use a Shakespeare four piece travel rod, brilliant, take it with me everywhere, even when out on me bike.

For tackle, theres not a great deal of choice.Marbella you have a small selection in La canada shopping centre but the best ive found is a little shop in the back streets in san pedro de alcantara,which is on the bus route towards Puerto banus, you cant miss it.Boat hire is reasonable from benalmadena,bus route towards Malaga.You may find bits and bobs from the many Bazaars in most towns.

Pm Me when you intend on going and il come down to the coast for beer..

Regards

For tackle, theres not a great deal of choice.Marbella you have a small selection in La canada shopping centre but the best ive found is a little shop in the back streets in san pedro de alcantara,which is on the bus route towards Puerto banus, you cant miss it.Boat hire is reasonable from benalmadena,bus route towards Malaga.You may find bits and bobs from the many Bazaars in most towns.

Regards

Longdog, what are the requirements nowadays with regards to licences to fish in the sea in Spain as I remember reading a post about it either on here or WSF

Regards

Longdog, what are the requirements nowadays with regards to licences to fish in the sea in Spain as I remember reading a post about it either on here or WSF

All fine for sea fishing [bANNED TEXT],no ticket needed,Fresh water is a headache.

For fresh water fishing you need a license which also involves a species recognition test(in spanish),however,I visited my local Guardia civil wildlife dept and lied and said I cant possibly take a test in spanish,the reply to me was providing you have an english rod licence all will be fine as we are part of the EU.Now, i dont trust the guardia in the slightest so I only take minimum cheap gear with me on the lakes just in case and a copy of my rod license both in english and a signed translated copy.Oh and £50 euros, that will make the problem go away lol.Not sure how the carp/cat fish guys get on on the Rio Ebro etc,im in Andalucia may be different further north

I will look further into the test and sit it soon, i'l keep you posted translate the questions etc.

Regards

There's no way I'd pay out for a sea licence in Spain :angry: I've fished there many a time no problem. Considering the size of the fish they have a cheek, since you have enlightened us ;) I'll be giving the whole of Spain a miss for our future holidays. Allelujahhhh Greece. :D

The more I think of this the angrier I feel, we Brits spend billions over there on holiday and they want a licence from us? FFS! :angry:

Edited by Opal
There's no way I'd pay out for a sea licence in Spain :angry: I've fished there many a time no problem. Considering the size of the fish they have a cheek, since you have enlightened us ;) I'll be giving the whole of Spain a miss for our future holidays. Allelujahhhh Greece. :D

The more I think of this the angrier I feel, we Brits spend billions over there on holiday and they want a licence from us? FFS! :angry:

not just us mate , the natives too