ozzie doggers

just found this site dont know if its a partner site to this [same format], but theres some cracking dogs and disscussions on there, if only the laws were different and we had that sort of quarry all over our little island then these giants would be right up my street. lets hear your opinions ;)

http://www.ozziedoggers.org

Edited by awen

yes it's a good site, my name on there is jackson ;)

would you say there is a [big] difference between styles of hunting over there compared to here, by the looks of things the dogs seem to bred far more for size[mastiff strains] rather than agility

• 4 weeks later...
yes it's a good site, my name on there is jackson ;)

would you say there is a [big] difference between styles of hunting over there compared to here, by the looks of things the dogs seem to bred far more for size[mastiff strains] rather than agility

depends mate on what exactly your comparing, pig dogs vs your lurchers... then yes there is a very big difference

we have running dogs too mate, although the breeds are more towards the deerhound/greyhound strains then working dogs like collies and the like.

the way of hunting is different too, most people work their dogs from a ute, rather then walking paddocks, our temperature is a lot hotter, i read on here about your UK dogs having a hard time when its 20degrees celcius and it makes me spin out, ours work in that a lot no worries.