Crossbows

I was thinking of picking up a cheap crossbow, about 80 quid at the most seen some nice ones i have a real good idea about bows and cross bows but i dont know anyone who baught one of these someone on here must own a cross bow i only want it for a laugh bit of target fun not for hunting its stupid ? show me some pics to of any home made ones too if you got any. Thanks Adam

i got a real compound bow right it has a draw weight of 60lbs but because of the drag isnt as much as a crossbow because the surface the bolt goes over when it is fired it can kill anything at up to 60 yards at 60lb but i reckon the 120lb one would drop a rabbit piss mate, and i reckon you could take a dear if you place the shot right, go on ebay and buy broadheads for the arrows your arrow should be able to take them if the bow is firing at 120lbs what size bolts do you have ?

i got a real compound bow right it has a draw weight of 60lbs but because of the drag isnt as much as a crossbow because the surface the bolt goes over when it is fired it can kill anything at up to 60 yards at 60lb but i reckon the 120lb one would drop a rabbit piss mate, and i reckon you could take a dear if you place the shot right, go on ebay and buy broadheads for the arrows your arrow should be able to take them if the bow is firing at 120lbs what size bolts do you have ?

yah it would take a rabbit piece of piss but for sevarel reasons i dont hunt with it its cumbersome its for close range shooting and its illegal i think it would deffo drop a deer with shot placement but i think rifles are better for that particular job dont you ?

yah it would take a rabbit piece of piss but for sevarel reasons i dont hunt with it its cumbersome its for close range shooting and its illegal i think it would deffo drop a deer with shot placement but i think rifles are better for that particular job dont you ?

Depends mate, I'd reckon he's talking metaphorically. ;) People hunt with bows all over the world, there was a thread on a bear dropped with a bow on here a while back. To say rifles are better is like saying that a ferret is better than a lurcher/air rifle/shotgun/whatever. Different tools to do the same job.

Depends mate, I'd reckon he's talking metaphorically. ;) People hunt with bows all over the world, there was a thread on a bear dropped with a bow on here a while back. To say rifles are better is like saying that a ferret is better than a lurcher/air rifle/shotgun/whatever. Different tools to do the same job.

lol thats just my opinion mate i think fifle reduce the risk of wounded deer much more i know people hunt with bows ive seen em in action and there bloody good at there job but imo there are more humaner ways of hunting :victory:

lol thats just my opinion mate i think fifle reduce the risk of wounded deer much more i know people hunt with bows ive seen em in action and there bloody good at there job but imo there are more humaner ways of hunting :victory:

Each to their own! :D:thumbs:

well i think that a bow is really humain. and alot more skill to get to 30 yards on a bow and correctly place a shot is purr skill to me i think it is amazing here is my bow it does 315fps it is a hoyt trykon i broke records with it it really does the jobs ;) 60 yards i get a grouping of a 6 inch circle and the arrow head is what they use around the world to drop things as large as elephants. what a tool to have boys it should be legalised

post-9027-1245532471.jpg

post-9027-1245532491.jpg