No more stalking

As I read it, they are saying that anyone with pre existing quals will just need to be [re]assessed [no cost incurred]???

It does seem to say that they are looking at a different course [80+250] qualification....

does that mean that anyone considering doing their DSC1/2 at the moment may as well wait and see-as it may be cheaper to do the new one qual than both DSC's???

If they get away with this, even if the government don't bring it in here, I can see the police deciding that it will be yet another course to do before a firearms cert is issued, even for fox etc!!!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ iT SAYS THAT ANYONE THAT HAS DONE TEST MIGHT GET GRANDFARTER RIGHTS. SO MIGHT SOME THAT HAVE BEEN STALKING AS A JOB FOR EX AMOUNT OF TIME. THEY DO NOT RECOGNISE DMQ SAYING IT DOSE NOT COME TO THERE STANDARD OF WHICH THEY WILL NOT SAY THE SGA ARE TO DO THE NEW TESTS AND THAT PROB WHY WE HAVE HEARD NOTHING FROM THEM OR THE NGO.

THIS WILL MAKE THIS TEST AND ORGANISATION A MONOPOLY AND WOULD LEAD TO THE TESTS COST SOARING SO THEY CAN KEEP BRINGING IN FRIENDS AS HAS HAPPEND WITH THE DCS.

80 FOR SOME ONE THAT THEY KNOW DOSE IT OK AND 250 FOR THE ONES THAT ONLY HAVE LEV ONE OTHERS WILL NEED FILLY TRAINED AT AN UNDISCLOSED COST.

THEY MEN ORGANISING THIS ARE THE SAME ONES THAT ADMINISTERD DMQ1 -2 AND SAID THIS WAS THE WAY FORWARD WELL ITS A NEW DAY AND THEY NEED TO KEEP THERE JOBS ABSOLUTE CRAP. :icon_redface:

Edited by wireviz

steven macgregor is on hols mate but if you forward any mail to the guy that answered mine Andrew.Taylor@scotland.gsi.gov.uk,cause if we sit back and do nothing we only have ourselves to blame,as mentioned many stalkers still are unaware this is going on so spread the word and hopefully we can get this thrown out remember this is only a consultation if there are enough protests then who knows.........

Edited by Night Hunter
so is there any point doing level 1 +2? or shall i wait untill the outcome has been decided?

Im not sure mate ,the way things are worded in the response it looks like there may be another cert that incorporates dcs 1+2, it states £250 for training and £80 for exam but it does not say for whitch qualification ,but hey who knows.......,I just Emailed Andrew Taylor and asked the question will let you know when he gets back to me

Edited by Night Hunter
One answer mate........

MONEY

plain and simple, i've seen some members of deer society's Who preached ALL they knew and couldn't hit a barn door, and most of what they talked was crap,

If you are taught all the things you need to stalk sucessfully, then you will never stray far wrong, be it shot placement, carcas prep, disease inspection and what to look for, skining, and most importantly firearms safety and marksmanship....

If you have these skills then you don't need a bit of paper to tell you you can do them sucessfully..... ;)

well said snap shot! :clapper:

amen snapshot...couldnt have put it better myself. :clapper:

Bollocks to this and DSC1/2 .Id like to see anyone stop people stalking as they have always done .The landowner has the last say around me and long may that be so .Shouldnt worry too much as it will only affect paid stalking and those that pay can afford to pay more for that privelige .

Fecking money grabbing b*****ds

Fox Dropper i see you didn't read the proposals as with in them there is a section that takes away control fro the landowner and also trys to make it there problem if there is an accident near there farm. Now just to put you in the picture the section was wrote up by members of the DI (ENGLISH ) WHO WILL BE WATCHING THIS WITH THE TILLS RINGING IN THERE EARS.

Bollocks to this and DSC1/2 .Id like to see anyone stop people stalking as they have always done .The landowner has the last say around me and long may that be so .Shouldnt worry too much as it will only affect paid stalking and those that pay can afford to pay more for that privelige .

Fecking money grabbing b*****ds

Hi mate ,were all in this together ,The British Deer Society will be watching this and you can bet your bottom dollar that this will eventually happen in england too, it might be worth reading through the proposals, land owners in scotland will not even be able to shoot deer themselves on thier own land without having the relevent certificate but DCS will be able to force them to have the deer controlled by a trained hunter or face procecution ,trained hunters may even charge for this service who knows......everyone will be stitched up by this if it goes through

Edited by Night Hunter

just found this on the basc website

Government releases misleading figures on deer stalking in Scotland

26 June 2009

BASC Scotland has uncovered misleading guidance in the consultation document for the Wildlife and Natural Environment Bill.

The consultation states that ‘there have been three fatalities associated with deer stalking in the last four years’. BASC Scotland has investigated these claims and the Deer Commission for Scotland has now provided further guidance which states that ‘there have been three fatalities associated with the use of rifles in Britain in the last four years.’

Nicolle Upton, BASC Scotland's press and policy officer, said: "BASC's own research has now shown that the three fatalities referred to in the consultation document were not associated with deer stalking, deer stalkers or indeed Scotland. This means that the guidance given to the public in the consultation is misleading. The clarification now undermines the already weak evidence supporting the argument that deer stalking represents ‘a potential risk to public safety’.â€

The bill is proposing to reform the current deer legislation including the removal of the male close season and mandatory testing for stalkers.

ENDS

The statement made by the minister who is in charge of this bill has had to take stock of what he said and it seems that his words of the public are concerned over safety issues after there had been 4 deaths due to deerstalking in scotland .This information was passsed to him by the DCS and was also used as scarmongering tactics in there many public consltations.

Well as i said there have been none and the few accidents there have been have been down south and none of them were from deerstalker.

Will they now put out a statements in the press to apologise for any upset this has caused and will from now on stick to facts. (I DONT f*****g THINK SO BUNCH OF WANKERS )