Sign in to follow this  
Guest wales2829

Needs abit of help!

Guest wales2829

I realy want to get into shooting. What would be a good air rifle for knocking about the woods taking woodies and squirrels? Help muchly appreciated. Thanks.

All of them, if you have enough cash buy a pneumatic there a different class to springers completely... :)

Guest wilbar

I now precharged airguns are more expensive but they are certainly worth the extra expense. I 've got an air arms s410. A good little gun for shootiong small stuff

Guest Ditch_Shitter
knocking about the woods taking woodies and squirrels?

Many people seem to agree a Carbine (shorter form of rifle) is better for the woods. True enough, it is amazing how every branch for miles around suddenly seems to be in your face and blocking a longer barrel, the moment you need to get your sights on that soon to no longer be sat there target!

Mate of mine was in much your situation ~ though he had had some previous experiance. Got himself a little BSA Meteor. He was amazed at how well it whacked those tree rats.

For my own part, I own a Webley Lightening. Extremely widely acclaimed as simply one of the best springers ever made. I can certainly seem to hit what I point it at. However, I haven't got access to it just now and, quite honestly, I've never used it in the woods. So I really couldn't say.

Two things maybe worth considering though: 1. Your own stature. Look for a gun that isn't so big and macho that you won't be able to hold a steady aim or get it on target quickly - both often vital with squirrel and woodie.

2. If you're only starting out? I wouldn't reccomend spending your entire over draft facilitie on any of the top of the range, pre charged models just yet. Try something cheaper and more basic first. See if shooting is - to you - all you've really cracked it up to be. Oh; And I take it you already have permission?

Best of luck and enjoy! :good:

Guest The Shaman

I'd say go for a springer first mate - pneumatics are brilliant but make you lazy, cut your teeth on the springer cheaper too. :)

I realy want to get into shooting. What would be a good air rifle for knocking about the woods taking woodies and squirrels? Help muchly appreciated. Thanks.

How much are you going to spend?

carnt beat a bsa lightning. reasonably cheap, short, no fussing about, and does the job! :yes: