Hi All,..

Ive noticed a very slight balding spot on my young Staghound bitchs neck?...It kinda looks "bare"...not sore...it isnt red, she isnt itching it, its not moist/wet...it almost looks like when you keep a colar on some dogs, and it rubs the fur off...if you part the hair, the skin does look slightly "Flaky"?...i was thinking give it a couple of days, and if it changes, get her to the vet...she has been wormed and flead...although we dont get skin parasites in the desert as it is far to hot (probably the ONLY good thing about Vegas,...Oh, and all the women with boob jobs! :yahoo::lol: ) any ideas anyone?...thanks in advance!

Kye..

Guest nastybilly

thing with skin probs is it can be one of a thousand and one things kye from artifical colourings in there food, to egg allergys and hard to pinpoint and if its anything like that it will need the vet to sort it out but if i had skin probs wi my dogs i used benzol benzate ( not to sure if iv spelled it [bANNED TEXT]) it done for most complaints and if the skin, like you say is unbroken cant do no harm if you give it a go...thing is i dont know if you can get it in the states....g/luck anyway

I dont think so...NO other dog we have has it, and we have about 11!..(THREE ARE MINE!...the rest are the goodladys)...I look at it two or three times a day, and it dosnt seem any worse?...its just stayed the same?...She dont bite at it, or scratch?...i will bath it, and see if it comes right...im not realy bothered, as it isnt spreading, and it dont cause her ANY discomfort...but if it isnt gone buy a week, or shown signs of improvment, i will get her to the Vet.

Thanks all.

Kye..

PS...its only 85F at noon anyway...another three months and it will be at a hellish 115F... :realmad: