i just visited Peter Frenette today in Cambridgeshire to get my .243 screw cut and he was very helpful. really nice guy and he said he'd do it for me in the next couple of days so i shall wait and see but i have a feeling i shall highly recommend him considering his background. thanks for the posts recently advising where to get it done. pictures will be up of the finished article :gunsmilie::gunsmilie:

i got a call from Peter on Friday saying he's done the cut. absolutely fantastic job from what i can see so highly recommended. he also showed me some of the rifles he's made and shoots. two identical rifles, one a 22/250 and the other a 22.4000. feeeeeeeeeeeeeking heavy beasts but they're awesome rifles.

anyway the predator 8 is now sitting on it and i'm getting really annoyed because all i'm waiting on is the mounts so i'll post some pics when they arrive on monday hopefully :angry::angry::angry:

• 2 weeks later...
i got a call from Peter on Friday saying he's done the cut. absolutely fantastic job from what i can see so highly recommended. he also showed me some of the rifles he's made and shoots. two identical rifles, one a 22/250 and the other a 22.4000. feeeeeeeeeeeeeking heavy beasts but they're awesome rifles.

anyway the predator 8 is now sitting on it and i'm getting really annoyed because all i'm waiting on is the mounts so i'll post some pics when they arrive on monday hopefully :angry::angry::angry:

my local gunsmiths said £90, for cutting and proofing, have you had it done? (proofed that is)

steyr