Lost another kit

We started with 7 or 8 then went down to 4 fair enough its her first litter and thought she may be struggling they have been going strong and went in today and the young polecat kit is dead stonecold not a mark on him.Still sitting with his litter mates so removed him and sorted it out so down to three whites :blink:

its a possibly not sure seemed healthy and fit in the early hours of this morning then at lunchtime ish i find it dead as a door knob.The biggest strongest kit out of em all as well.Not much i can do about it i know but im gutted really liked the look of him

are the rest of the kits doing ok??

i lost 2 kits last week they ad just turned 6 1/2 wk old ,one day they was all fine climbing up the mash ,fighting,biteing, generaly being little sods then one afternoon a little jill was lied in the corner away from the others it was stone cold dead,i couldnt weigh this up,then the next day a sandy male was lieing on its side on away from the others,i took it away from the rest and started hand feeding him.the little guy seemed to be geting better then on the 3rd day he was dead.

touch wood the rest are doing fine .

asme9

are the rest of the kits doing ok??

i lost 2 kits last week they ad just turned 6 1/2 wk old ,one day they was all fine climbing up the mash ,fighting,biteing, generaly being little sods then one afternoon a little jill was lied in the corner away from the others it was stone cold dead,i couldnt weigh this up,then the next day a sandy male was lieing on its side on away from the others,i took it away from the rest and started hand feeding him.the little guy seemed to be geting better then on the 3rd day he was dead.

touch wood the rest are doing fine .

asme9

i lost 4 of mine last year from the age of 2 weeks up to 6 weeks looked every were to find out why and found out it was the heat and the meat i was feeding them the mother hides meat as we all no and the next day the young ones eat it and die . when i found out a stoped feeding meat for a bit and if i di put any in i cleaned the kit out every day when istarted this they were all ok

I have read that food poisoning is a big killer of kits, Meat left anytime in this heat will soon go bad, and as you said, they hide food in the nest which gets worse and then kits eat at it...

I always wondered if they got food poisoning.He looked peaceful not in pain or any sign of anything dodgy.The rest seem fine so far but were down from 7 to 3 :cry: having said that its her first litter and shes been so attentive to them very protective too.Has millions of milk and i feed a lot of dry ferret food too cos the heat and the councils moaning

Yes first thing i looked for but she seems to have been a great mum so maybe she smothered him by accident or something.I dont have my ferrets anymore cos b*****d council made me get rid.Im heartbroken,I know therye only ferrets and i am being a bit of a tit for crying and worrying and driving myself nuts over it.But they were mine and i was really starting to have fun and learn a lot about them

Yes first thing i looked for but she seems to have been a great mum so maybe she smothered him by accident or something.I dont have my ferrets anymore cos b*****d council made me get rid.Im heartbroken,I know therye only ferrets and i am being a bit of a tit for crying and worrying and driving myself nuts over it.But they were mine and i was really starting to have fun and learn a lot about them

Sorry about your ferrets mate, why the feck were the council concerned about a few ferrets? Bunch of morons.

Can't blame you, I would be a wreck if anything happened to mine, I like them as much as dogs lol.

Well here goes some of the explanations given prepare to laugh uncontroallably.

Theyre dangerous to the public

They may escape and kill other "domestic pets"

Theyre wild not domesticated animals

Just a few words of wisdom froma housing officer who admitted she knows f all about ferrets.It was either they go or the notice to evict me would be served been fighting this for months.I will still argue the point and have written a few letters and am taking legal action over it too late for the ferrets i know.I am determined to not leave this lie im fecking livid about it felt sick when i was putting them in the box to go and cried like a baby still welling up just passing the hutch and seein it empty.Even the dogs gutted.Neighbours are all really sympathetic most of them actually liked them to look at and watch them throw each other about and the odd sqaubble.I am going all out to make sure this cow loses her job shes fecked up so many times its untrue.I have 2 mastiffs here i dont know about and have never seen lol.This was based on me having four dog leads hanging in the hall when i only have two dogs :censored::wallbash: I also have a pitbull ROFL Will post the pic of my bitch who looks feck all like any pit i have ever seen gonna end up murderin this bint :chair::chair::chair::hunter: :download: im convinced shes an anti she hates "greyhounds" went out of her way to harass me over the ferrets and theres wads more could rant forever over her

P1010238.jpg

P1010231.jpg

P1010300.jpg

P1010193.jpg

P1010236.jpg

As you can see shes the nastiest pit you ever did see rofl a comment was made regarding her being vicious cos i have 2 muzzles hanging up.I have had a muzzle for every dog i have ever owned in case i ever needed one