Wild Boar Distribution U.K

Guest MickyB

Hi , I can confirm there is a healthy population between dumfries,dalbeattie and southerness in south west scotland. I have seen them too close for comfort.

Try trapping 5 in a shed!! We fed them down from the woods leaving a trail of bread and grain going into a courtyard and managed to trap them in there.

I can tell you now they will run from you in normal situations but they will aggressivly protect themselves or their own kind. I was up there last week and we got camera trap shots of a big one pushing along through 2 foot of snow like it wasnt there.

• 1 month later...

We have some reported in south norfolk and North suffolk, but regards wild or feral thats very hard to say as we also have huge numbers of out door pig units with escapees from all living in the woods around the units. When these start to interbreed then we will have a large number and very quickly. My mate whos french found signs very soon after moving to this area but as yet I do not know of any possitive sightings in this immediate area.

Mark

• 1 month later...