BEST DOG FOR PUSHING lONG EARS

Hiya lads,

This question for those in the know. I hunt Ireland, and traditionally I find it difficult from start of season to flush long ears, due to crops and cover. Our land is significantly smaller than yours and as we have our long dogs on the slip, I have also found us walking past a lot tucked in. I was contemplating getting a dog that would hit cover and have significant scent ability, and was wondering what type of dog would be best? Any thoughts would be useful.

ps a lot of the fox men run hounds through bogs, and cover and it gave me the idea, but the land I run I can't have a dog singing.

Hiya lads,

This question for those in the know. I hunt Ireland, and traditionally I find it difficult from start of season to flush long ears, due to crops and cover. Our land is significantly smaller than yours and as we have our long dogs on the slip, I have also found us walking past a lot tucked in. I was contemplating getting a dog that would hit cover and have significant scent ability, and was wondering what type of dog would be best? Any thoughts would be useful.

ps a lot of the fox men run hounds through bogs, and cover and it gave me the idea, but the land I run I can't have a dog singing.

springer or cocker spaniel would suffice :victory: