Not another bloody newbie!

Guest whippet

Hey there, I saw a link to this site posted on another forum I frequent (www.airgunbbs.com) and decided to have a look.

Well this site and it's forum seems to be free of a lot of the PC pander-to-the-antis' bullshit you get on other forums so I signed up.

A little about me:

I'm 15 and live in South Devon. I was brought up as anti-hunting by my parents, but shook off those misguided beliefs a while ago. I am mainly a shooter (I have an air rifle and one shotgun, soon to be two), but have been ratting with a pack of assorted beater's dogs before (we caught/stomped on/battered 173 the first time).

Contrary to the name I do not have or know anything about whippets, so don't come whinging to me with your running-hound problems and questions :D . I don't even own a dog, but sorely want to :( .

Well I guess that just about sums me up.

Guest whippet

You can own a shotgun from the age of 15, as long as you have a shotgun certificate, which I do. Although the the downside is that I have to receive any guns or ammo as a gift or loan, I can't buy them until I am 17. Which is stupid cos it doesn't take into account people who's parents don't have shotgun certificates, cos it's not like shotguns come cheap so even a mate or mentor is just going to give you one (although my neighbor who got me into shooting could see the problem, see he "gave" me a barely used baikal over and under, and I "dropped" an appropriate amount of money into his hand.

that is correct but if you are under the age of 17 then you must gain the consent of a parent or guardian .... and as you say yours are anti blood .... so why would they countersign your form.

Guest whippet

My parents are anti FOXHUNTING (and I would assume stag and hare coursing). But they are not anti-shooting, my dad used to do .22 rimfire target shooting with me, and uses my air rifle occasionally, so he isn't a stranger to shooting and it was him who signed my certificate.

And believe me when I say I am offended to be accused of being an anti. I am ashamed to have ever held those f****d up prejudices.

EDIT: They're all kept in a brattonsound cabinet upstairs.

Guest whippet
i take it that you dont store your shotgun at your house either?  unless someone in your house hold has a certificate and are over 21.

Where did you get that from? I don't mean to cause animosity on here, but I challenge you to find that law in here.

I know it is easy to dismiss me as a troll or anti, we get them all the time on the airgun forum I am a member of, but I assure you that I am genuine.

Guest chilli

i would say u r 99 % u are a anti because of wat u just said :angry: never have i heard someone who goes hunting refere to anbody as a troll ! that terminology is reserved for digginout and such sites !!!