traneing kit

the kits are doing well but ther biet is getting harder i get them out 2 or 3 times a day handle them as much as i can when ther runing about the livingroom evry time 1 of the kits cum close i grab it and holed it for a minit or so sumtimes thay will be at back of the tv or sumthing els i just stick my hand in and grab them as this will get them uset to being picked up thay are still a bit skitish and will run for cuver if thers a loud noise allso thay will try and fight my hand alot and role on ther backs and biet as i go to pick them up i just pick em up and if thay nip giv em a flik on the nose if thay lock on i giv a back foot a squees but ther hard as fuk sum times a flik dont werk and thay fight back moor even the dog moovs out ther way now thay get exsited when thay bin playing with the dog and nip at evrything thay see the thing is you may need to pick up your ferrets in any sittuation or in an emergency when out ferreting without getting bit

the kits are doing well but ther biet is getting harder i get them out 2 or 3 times a day handle them as much as i can when ther runing about the livingroom evry time 1 of the kits cum close i grab it and holed it for a minit or so sumtimes thay will be at back of the tv or sumthing els i just stick my hand in and grab them as this will get them uset to being picked up thay are still a bit skitish and will run for cuver if thers a loud noise allso thay will try and fight my hand alot and role on ther backs and biet as i go to pick them up i just pick em up and if thay nip giv em a flik on the nose if thay lock on i giv a back foot a squees but ther hard as fuk sum times a flik dont werk and thay fight back moor even the dog moovs out ther way now thay get exsited when thay bin playing with the dog and nip at evrything thay see the thing is you may need to pick up your ferrets in any sittuation or in an emergency when out ferreting without getting bit

simply feed raw meat & tons of the stuff , stop the nose flicking , handle after they have fed, and section a small area of the living room off rather than letting them have the whole room, going from a cage environmet to a living room is a bit daunting, thats why they run off when they hear any loud noises

Basically to much going on for them to deal with pluss grabbing them is not going to help all you will acheive by grabbing & nose flicking is hand shy ferrets no good to anyone

yup, Ill second that, grabbing, nose flicking and foot squeasing aint going to do you any favours, the nipping is part of growing up, they dont know any better, grabbing them will only enforce them to run back down a warren hole, when your trying to retrive them :thumbdown:

Aye give them a good feed and then handle them do everythingslow and nice and easy ,do it over a few weeks and they should be used to noise and handling them mate

ok thanks lads. by grabing them i meen picking them up without hesertayshion so thay dont think im playing with them and thay dont get a chance to nip. when i cleen them out i put them in the ferret box av dun since i got the kits. iv allso bin putting em in the ferret box to take them to and from hutch to livingroom since i got them. at 1st thay wood stay on the sofa after a a week or so thay sterted to start explouring ther conferdenc is building up fast and ther all over the place rooting about now thay even seem to know when sumone is about to open livingroom door and ther at the door befour you and wayting for you to open the door so thay can escape into the rest of the house lol. i no all young anemals biet and nip in in play its just a case of getting them uset to being handled allso when i go to get them out the hutch iv allways opend ther beding area door and stroke them a bit before geting them out as i think thay migth not be botherd by this if ever thay av kits meening i might be abl to chek on them without stressing them out in the futcher

thanks for that tip snipe i will be doing that from now on .in responce to kay and the one. i think i may be feeding to much thay get a bole ferret food wich thay pik at but most of the time dont tuch thay love ther meet but still leev abit of what i feed

and iv swoped the big hob and the kit about put the hob im looking after in hutch in the shed and the kits in the outdoor run its 4ft by 5ft and as a hutch in it was ther seconed nigth in ther thay seem ok

• 2 weeks later...

well iv ad the jills in the outdoor run for few weeks now ther not stitish no moor as thay bin geting use to unxpected noise like dog barking kids playin futty i can even shoot me rifle at a target in my garden and thay dont jump a tall any souned thay hear thay cum runing to chek it out now lol allso ther alot better to pick thay still role on ther backs as you go to pick em up but dont go to nip as much if tha do nip it soft and playfull ther learning wel and geting bigger thay love to play with ther pingpong ball go mad for it lol so funny

post-30470-1245717562.jpg

post-30470-1245717582.jpg

post-30470-1245717598.jpg

post-30470-1245717611.jpg

post-30470-1245717619.jpg

post-30470-1245717632.jpg

post-30470-1245717641.jpg

post-30470-1245717654.jpg

post-30470-1245717676.jpg

post-30470-1245717687.jpg

post-30470-1245717700.jpg

post-30470-1245717714.jpg