Any tips out there for using these fancy digital slrs, total newbie to photography... :11:

Nov's been trying to hammer some info in, to no avail, I should really read up... :blink:

What mode did you have the camera set on when taking the second pic HERE

The blurred image is down to a slow shutter speed because of poor light conditions. You can counter this by increasing the ISO setting (ISO is how sensitive the sensor is to light), this is useful when shooting in wooded areas or at dusk. If you increase the ISO to say 400, this should increase the shutter speed (make faster) resulting in a sharper image.

You can only do this in the creative modes, so get off that fecking automatic green box mode :clapper:

Also, it may be useful to nominate the central dot as your focal point, this will avoid focusing on branches in the foreground etc. You can do this by pressing the button with the + magnifying glass on it and turning the wheel until only the centre dot is illuminated. Once again, you need to be in the creative modes (all settings above the green box).

AV is a good setting, turn the wheel left till you reach the lowest number, which is the widest aperture (hole in the lens :laugh: ), this lets more light through, thus giving a faster shutter speed.

Lesson two tomorrow, I'm off to bed :good:

Any questions Ian, put them here and I'll answer them tomorrow, if I know the answer that is ;)

350D mate, I know to set it to TV mode and the shutter speed to around 1000th/sec , produces some ok shots...lucky if more than anything :laugh:

Eeerrmmm...lucky ..or advice off a legend.... :good::D set the shutter speed lower mate 500 i would be trying.......get a better depth of view :good:

Guest grubygrafter

ive had the 350 for a while now and still take shite pix. :laugh::laugh:

everyone keep giving me conflicting advice. :angry: the camera is the dogs bollox :guitar:

there is a bonus if you cant use it though.. you dont get posts like

NICE PIX MATE :11: :11: .

Guest pan.handle

Ian you could leave the exp set to 1000th/sec if you're comfortable taking action shots at that speed, to achieve more depth of focus in your pics just up the ISO.........changing ISO is something you should become comfortable with as you'll need to do it often in the season (less available light)

lets see some of pics

all the best

pan