long courses

some people say there dogs have coursed for 3,4,5 mins. now obviously the hare an the dog must have great stamina to keep this up. but if its taking that long for the dog to catch the hare, would you say it was a good course, or a shite dog that took that long? or a strong hare? or what not

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seen a mates dog think it was a 3/4 grey deerhound type ? course mustav been 4/5 mins ended up turning on its self it looked all over it made 1 last push got a couple of yard on dog and got to a hedge row and got to ground brilliant only time i.v seen a brown go to ground

a hare is faster than any dog its just the dogs stanima that makes them catch the hare so it takes time for a dog to catch a hare my mates dog was a saluki whippet and the whippet in her helped her catch them a lot faster.
thats 100% wrong ! if a hare was faster than a dog you wouldnt have a course. this is how it goes. . . you slipn your dog and unless you get strait lined the hare has to turn to avoid being picked up because the dogs the faster animal in a line. :fool:
a hare is faster than any dog its just the dogs stanima that makes them catch the hare so it takes time for a dog to catch a hare my mates dog was a saluki whippet and the whippet in her helped her catch them a lot faster.
thats 100% wrong ! if a hare was faster than a dog you wouldnt have a course. this is how it goes. . . you slipn your dog and unless you get strait lined the hare has to turn to avoid being picked up because the dogs the faster animal in a line. :fool:

thats right

lol yeah ok then :icon_redface:

iv got a coursing greyhound shes about 6 now i use her for a bit of everything shes had so much work she dont run like a greyhound she paces herself now just puts a burst on when she need to she got amaizing stamina for a greyhound the longest course iv seen her have was around the 2 1/2 minutes and belive me they was both in a troting pace by this time and the hare was squeling and it still got away deserved to get away what a course what a dog and what a hare

Guest Bennybhoy

more S.H.I.T.E.

i saw a pure greyhound that took over 7 mins to catch her hare and in my mind it takes a good dog and a bloody good hare

you saw a greyhound run a hare for 7 mins....7 mins is a very long time for a greyhound to run a hare never mind a saluki i think someone is telling porkys,in my book that greyhound must have the longest stamina in all of the greyhounds worldwide,