trammels or longnets ?

Up to you if you do a lot of ferreting yourself trammel are supposed to hold the rabbits better that would give you time to get there and extract them out the net otherwise go for long nets .

There is no such thing as the perfect net. Although trammels do catch a higher percentage of rabbits that hit the net. The rabbits also take three times as long to extract from the net.

So it depends on your out-look, if you want to catch nearly every rabbit that hits the net and do not mind taking a long time to get the rabbits out of the net. Added to that the extra time it take to shoot and pick up the net Then go for a trammel.

However, that said, a normal well made net will be just behind the trammel in catching abilities. The plus factors with the normal 100% bagging net is the rabbits are quicker to get out of the net, the net can be shot and picked up with minimum of fuss and it costs a lot less than a trammel.

TC

Edited by tiercel

Its horses for courses I use trammels for my pest control business and long nets. The trammels when you come to collect them in they pick up a lot more debris grass leaves twigs ect they do catch a higher percentage but some rabbits still hit them and get free its how they hit the net the only plus is they will catch smaller rabbits but through experience young rabbits rarely bolt to the nets they will try and give the ferrets the run around in the warren and bolt as a very last resort as I do pest control rabbit jobs all year round. At the end of the day I would say if you are doing rabbit control for paid jobs I would invest in some but for pleasure long nets are fine hope that helps. Dowen

Its horses for courses I use trammels for my pest control business and long nets. The trammels when you come to collect them in they pick up a lot more debris grass leaves twigs ect they do catch a higher percentage but some rabbits still hit them and get free its how they hit the net the only plus is they will catch smaller rabbits but through experience young rabbits rarely bolt to the nets they will try and give the ferrets the run around in the warren and bolt as a very last resort as I do pest control rabbit jobs all year round. At the end of the day I would say if you are doing rabbit control for paid jobs I would invest in some but for pleasure long nets are fine hope that helps. Dowen

i use trammels for all my daylight work and have caught several hundred with some nets that netrigger made me , i have had 1 bounce off , i thought the idea was to catch the rabbit , :wallbash:

Edited by moley
i use trammels for all my daylight work and have caught several hundred with some nets that netrigger made me , i have had 1 bounce off , i thought the idea was to catch the rabbit , :wallbash:

If you are getting paid to clear the rabbits it is. Agree 100%

But if you are rabbiting for sport and get upset about losing a rabbit then personally I dont think that rabbiting is for that type of individual.

This is where people say if I don’t I will lose my permission. BOLLOCKS.

If you have that little faith in your ability then you should not be rabbiting. No matter how good you are you will never catch every rabbit. Fact. But neither will anyone else. We all get good days and bad days it's the rub of the green as they say. The sooner people accept that and live with it the happier they will be.

So no matter what type of net you use, no matter what disciplines you employ rabbits will always get away. That’s a fact, anyone who says any different, quite frankly is deluding theirselves.

TC

Edited by tiercel

I was only giving my advise to the fellow im sure he said advise I have caught 100s of rabbits but just because its a trammel does not mean it catchs 100% and I didnt say any thing about bouncing off but when a rabbit is caught in the trammel its not going anyway at the end of the day I was giving advise not to be put under the micro scope and have your sarcastic comments good day.

Edited by Dowen Pest Control Solutions

I was only giving my advise to the fellow im sure he said advise I have caught 100s of rabbits but just because its a trammel does not mean it catchs 100% and I didnt say any thing about bouncing off but when a rabbit is caught in the trammel its not going anyway at the end of the day I was giving advise not to be put under the micro scope and have your sarcastic comments good day.

wasn,t aimed at you dowen ,just a general comment ,

seems a bit silly to go to the trouble of setting a net to catch a rabbit then watching it get away, sport or otherwise

as for them getting too wrapped up and it taking longer to extract , like i said , daylight , easy enuff job to simply put your hand into the pocket the rabbit went into and take it out the way it went in ,i just cannot see what all the fuss is about, its just a net that catches rabbits and does a good job

wasn,t aimed at you dowen ,just a general comment ,

seems a bit silly to go to the trouble of setting a net to catch a rabbit then watching it get away, sport or otherwise

as for them getting too wrapped up and it taking longer to extract , like i said , daylight , easy enuff job to simply put your hand into the pocket the rabbit went into and take it out the way it went in ,i just cannot see what all the fuss is about, its just a net that catches rabbits and does a good job

I appoligise I thought you was having a dig at me :icon_redface: as you said no one likes to see a rabbit get away but for some reason some people have the idea that trammels catch 100% all the time and in my experience they dont but are really good nets.

Edited by Dowen Pest Control Solutions

Theres Trammels/ Then again theres Trammels!!! :D ... One thing for sure is the Trammels that I make aint like the Shop Bought Shit thats advertised in the Magazines... the Trammels that I rigg up have More netting in the Inner and are Rigged basically to a Fish Rigg!... The Trammel nets out there which are advertised at extorsinate prices are just not up to the Job!! Fek Me I would confidently run out a couple of 100 yards of the shop bought shit no problem Day or Night!! Regarding the Shop bought Jobby's they aint up to the Job!!! I haved nothing but good Feed Back from Moley regarding the Trammels that Ive rigged for Him,,, Maybe Moley will put up a post compareing Mines and the rest which He has used... Thanks for the feed .. Kind Regards,, Net Rigger...

P.S. There Only £3 quid A Yard!!! :D

Edited by netrigger
Theres Trammels/ Then again theres Trammels!!! :D ... One thing for sure is the Trammels that I make aint like the Shop Bought Shit thats advertised in the Magazines... the Trammels that I rigg up have More netting in the Inner and are Rigged basically to a Fish Rigg!... The Trammel nets out there which are advertised at extorsinate prices are just not up to the Job!! Fek Me I would confidently run out a couple of 100 yards of the shop bought shit no problem Day or Night!! Regarding the Shop bought Jobby's they aint up to the Job!!! I haved nothing but good Feed Back from Moley regarding the Trammels that Ive rigged for Him,,, Maybe Moley will put up a post compareing Mines and the rest which He has used... Thanks for the feed .. Kind Regards,, Net Rigger...

P.S. There Only £3 quid A Yard!!! :D

no need for a post on comparisons , commertial rigged trammels are shite compared to yours bill, but at the time , thats what was available , i know even with 1 escapee theres room for improvement :D , by the way , the dog did catch the escapee,