barbed wire!!

excercising the dog this morning round a few local fields everything was going ok until she spied a rabbit on the other side of a fence, now these fields have just been cut and the tractor has left about a six foot margine of grass round the outside, after running about 10 yards to the edge of the grass she decided to take off and jump the fence!!!!!!!! :o she got her front legs and chest over but her back legs hit the wire with some force, after running and then missing the rabbit she came back to me with a limp it was then i noticed a tear in her leg :( i lifted her back over the fence and found another tear in the other leg :(:( , feck!!!!!!!!!!!!!! got her back to a friends house where i left her to go and pick me car up and phone the vet, got her in the car and headed to the vets, when i got there he told me she needed stitches and to leave her with him (he was french!!) :angry: got a phone call later to come and pick her up, that is when i got f****d by a french man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink: (literatly!!) 15 stitches later he charged me £160. 01!!! dont get me wrong i,m glad she,s been put right but £160.01!!! i cant believe he left the penny on the bill!!! i just hope she learns to jump alot better!!!!!! :angry:

Guest world.hunters

sorry to hear that

barbed wire is a fecking pain when it comes to working lurchers hope the dog is back to it self very soon for you.

Storm has had a few incidents with the wire

IMG_3598.jpg

IMG_3602.jpg

IMG_3605.jpg

IMG_3609.jpg

IMG_3610.jpg

and this one aswell on a seperate occation

2-19.jpg

Picture010.jpg

sorry to hear that

barbed wire is a fecking pain when it comes to working lurchers hope the dog is back to it self very soon for you.

Storm has had a few incidents with the wire

IMG_3598.jpg

IMG_3602.jpg

IMG_3605.jpg

IMG_3609.jpg

IMG_3610.jpg

and this one aswell on a seperate occatio

2-19.jpg

Picture010.jpg

looks like yours has been in the wars :icon_eek:, its a nightmare isnt it :doh:
Guest lurchers&terriers

barbed wire or greedy vets, i don't know what i hate more. i remember once i had a saluki grey pup. she run in to something and broke her neck. i rushed her to my nearest vet (out of hours). The dog was screaming in pain and the f*****g vet wouldn't even look at her unless he seen £75 and that was just to look at her. It took me ages to find a cash machine running about carrying a screaming lurcher. He didn't give a flying f**k that the dog had a broken neck he just wanted the cash :angry: :angry: :angry:

barbed wire or greedy vets, i don't know what i hate more. i remember once i had a saluki grey pup. she run in to something and broke her neck. i rushed her to my nearest vet (out of hours). The dog was screaming in pain and the f*****g vet wouldn't even look at her unless he seen £75 and that was just to look at her. It took me ages to find a cash machine running about carrying a screaming lurcher. He didn't give a flying f**k that the dog had a broken neck he just wanted the cash :angry: :angry: :angry:

wasnt robb from m/well or robbing b*****d ashe was better known

did it survive??

Guest lurchers&terriers

wasnt robb from m/well or robbing b*****d ashe was better known

no mate it was the emergency vet in ystrad mynach when i was back home in wales. iv had dealings with that robb your on about though from motherwell. she charged me £130 for a few staples and some antibiotics whem my lurcher stood on a broken bottle. Iv heard many other stories about her since

Guest lurchers&terriers

did it survive??

yes mate but she didnt make the grade