Nuttall Patterdales

I owned both parents to the billy dog

Both pure nutalls

Billy's sire spike was a fair earthdog, I worked him probably once maybe twice a week throughout the season for about 5 years

He work fox fine but was hit and miss on the others.... I gave him to my dad, as a pet, he used him for rabbiting.

The mother to billy ( was also called billy ) was the finest digging dog anyone would wish to own..!!

Most, prob 99% of my digging was done with NEWSBOY off this site.

Billy was worked week in week out for years, never ever sickening, she wanted more and more and more

She started work at eight and half months, and was a crazy type ( never a fighter )

Any set any size ( bigger and tighter the better for billy ) billy would find,

we invited a far few lads out with good terriers, some found some failed.... We took them to all types of places shallow tight deep the lot.

Always after we had a dig or not.....to other lads terriers, we would put billy in, even after the quarry was loss old billy would find. And a dig to the finish was on

How many digs to billy for me and NEWSBOY..who knows, definitely in to 3 figures

In her later years she went to NEWSBOY full time to retire and have a litter or two, NEWBOY dug a boat load more with her right to when she died

Rip billy

Nothing could fill her boots

a good write up mate its good to here how the the parents did you pround atb :thumbs:

great write up mate.atb bb

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Boothyboy Old billy

half nuttall

2 nuttall terriers

Posted Images

Thanks c

our little team played down how much we was digging all them years ago

,just a few of us, crazy for the others never discussing much to anyone about how much we dug to outsiders

Great times were had, were we lawless, pull up have a dig, jump in the car, move to another set....

Bit like the fen coursing men are now, have a run then move

For years a Doncaster lad came with us, ( askern ) good lad and could shift some muck, me and newsboy are not scare of the spade, with t on board no set was too deep....

Deep digs to spike and billy were had, always taking the piss out of each other, just how it should be

Thats the way it was for lads back then that loved this old digging game.That story brought a smile to my face.