I need to

All i want to know is whats the best stuff to use wood wise i have till tuesday for the wood info & then the rest of the week to make it

Thanks in advance

ply wood will be fine kay might get some offcuts from local builders or b&q do it all and so on

good luck

Is that usually in sheets ?

ply wood will be fine kay might get some offcuts from local builders or b&q do it all and so on

good luck

yes kay but if you go to b&q thay can cut it for you

good luck

yes kay but if you go to b&q thay can cut it for you

So what roughly in dimentions would be ok for 2 jills (box size)

All i want to know is whats the best stuff to use wood wise i have till tuesday for the wood info & then the rest of the week to make it

Thanks in advance

hi mate where are you located i have a couple of cages you can have if you live anywhere near northampton they were made 2 weeks ago but made another bigger one

Thanks in advance

hi mate where are you located i have a couple of cages you can have if you live anywhere near northampton they were made 2 weeks ago but made another bigger one

I am miles away from you in Staffordshire but thanks for the offer much appreciated :thumbs:

have a look back on here i was browsing last night an found a thread advertising flat pack boxes posted to you, might wanna have a look

I will have a look at that thanks another option to think about

I make mine 18 inches by 10, and 9 inches deep, find that fits in the biggest hob I've ever had, I use 18mm marine ply, not to heavy, but big enough to nail together :)

Edited by stealthy1

A member on the site has very kindly offered me a box & i am going to pay the postage , so i will make a bird nest box instead as its a smaller project to have a go at

Thanks for the info , shall i use marine ply wood for a bird box or thicker wood ?

A member on the site has very kindly offered me a box & i am going to pay the postage , so i will make a bird nest box instead as its a smaller project to have a go at

Thanks for the info , shall i use marine ply wood for a bird box or thicker wood ?

Any plywood will be ok for a birdbox Kay, have a look on the RSPB site, think they have plans for birdboxes. ;)

Any plywood will be ok for a birdbox Kay, have a look on the RSPB site, think they have plans for birdboxes. ;)

Nice one never thought of that :thumbs: