Last night

Guest buster321c

Guest buster321c

I went to a new permission last night for a bit of a mooch round , and to see whats where . Its a funny little place , only about 6 acres , with a house , ( derelict ) and a few sheds dotted here and there . Its a pumping station for the local water authority and there having a bit of trouble with the rabbits . I got there about 7:30 ( told the police and the water company i would be there ) and had a sniff round . As i walked down the path to the house , the rabbits scattered and i though , oh well they`ll be back , and i set up my gun , put some bits out of sight and started to look round . The pump house takes up a lot of space , but on the left hand side there is a hedge row , where there`s sign of rabbit , and a field beyond that . As i rounded the corner i saw a large buck , so leaned on a wall and popped him off , great , one in 10 minutes . I settled myself beside a shed and sat there for the next 20 minutes and had another 2 as they went about their buisness , oblivious to me e5001933.gif . As i looked about , i saw a little one about 20 yrds behind me , so i though ide have him too , and as i turned , he did`nt even move so i decided to get up and go down by the house for a bit . I started walking towards the little one , still not aware of me , and noticed he was completly blind , first mixied rabbit ive seen round my way , so i grabbed the poor little sod and necked him . I turned to get the other 3 , only to see a fox trotting away with one , ( cheeky get ) and made my way down to the house . There were a couple on the grass , so slowly got down into prone , and popped another . By this time it was about 9 and ide got to see my landowner anyway , so i decided it was enough of a first mooch about and called it a day . i left the mixied one for the fox and he`d pinched one anyway , so i came away with 2 does and a buck , and plenty of scope for more . Still its bankholiday and i`ll be up there again , cheers Buster

IMAGE_003.jpg

IMAGE_002.jpg

IMAGE_004.jpg

Edited by buster321c

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I went to a new permission last night for a bit of a mooch round , and to see whats where . Its a funny little place , only about 6 acres , with a house , ( derelict ) and a few sheds dotted here and there . Its a pumping station for the local water authority and there having a bit of trouble with the rabbits . I got there about 7:30 ( told the police and the water company i would be there ) and had a sniff round . As i walked down the path to the house , the rabbits scattered and i though , oh well they`ll be back , and i set up my gun , put some bits out of sight and started to look round . The pump house takes up a lot of space , but on the left hand side there is a hedge row , where there`s sign of rabbit , and a field beyond that . As i rounded the corner i saw a large buck , so leaned on a wall and popped him off , great , one in 10 minutes . I settled myself beside a shed and sat there for the next 20 minutes and had another 2 as they went about their buisness , oblivious to me e5001933.gif . As i looked about , i saw a little one about 20 yrds behind me , so i though ide have him too , and as i turned , he did`nt even move so i decided to get up and go down by the house for a bit . I started walking towards the little one , still not aware of me , and noticed he was completly blind , first mixied rabbit ive seen round my way , so i grabbed the poor little sod and necked him . I turned to get the other 3 , only to see a fox trotting away with one , ( cheeky get ) and made my way down to the house . There were a couple on the grass , so slowly got down into prone , and popped another . By this time it was about 9 and ide got to see my landowner anyway , so i decided it was enough of a first mooch about and called it a day . i left the mixied one for the fox and he`d pinched one anyway , so i came away with 2 does and a buck , and plenty of scope for more . Still its bankholiday and i`ll be up there again , cheers Buster

IMAGE_003.jpg

IMAGE_002.jpg

IMAGE_004.jpg

nice work mate

Guest Scuba1

You lucky so and so. You are getting quite good bags, since you had that bull bar fitted to your Chelsea tractor. :tongue2::rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Nice one :good:

Michael

Edited by Scuba1
Guest buster321c
is that the first time you have been out at that permission?

Its taken me ages to get the green light on there , meetings with the area manager , and ive had to talk to alll and sundry till they were satisfied i was `OK ` , ive been down there before ,but not officially , and not on the grounds with the gun . I have other permission that backs onto it and there`s dried out old canal that divides the permissions , that has lots of bunnys in it . The tally for last night was 5 , and ive spent the afternoon there and found that the boundry goes futher than i thought , there`s a stream and quite a bit of woodland , so i recon its about 12 acres in all :D . And i had 6 today :gunsmilie: i also took some pics of the layout , i`ll put em up later , cheers guys ;)

Edited by buster321c
Guest buster321c
:clapper::clapper::clapper: nice one buster, did your lad shoot em :D

No mate , i did it all by myself :yes: .He aint interested in shooting these days , since he found ..................................

A Girlfriend :doh: Amber , shes like Jessica Rabbits , and hes like Roger Rabbit :blink:

Shame , poor lad , but we`ve all been there .

post-8054-1243111909.jpg

:clapper::clapper::clapper: nice one buster, did your lad shoot em :D

No mate , i did it all by myself :yes: .He aint interested in shooting these days , since he found ..................................

A Girlfriend :doh: Amber , shes like Jessica Rabbits , and hes like Roger Rabbit :blink:

Shame , poor lad , but we`ve all been there .

post his gun then buster, i see his new girl is a RED HEAD, did YOU choose her?

new girl has RED HAIR

Guest buster321c

Hang on , as far as the hair goes , she does actually have red hair , so i guess the lad had got Great Taste ;)

And Micheal , as far as running them over , my driving dear boy, is FAR worse than my shooting :blink: i supprise myself sometimes just how bad at it i am :blink::blink: