All feild.

Now then you airguners, arived home 21.50 yesterday night after a session in the rape, just dropped the gear down in the kitchen when my mobile rang, it was a landowner that I did'nt know, he said he had been given the number by another landowner that lets me ferret on his land, asked me if I wanted to have a go at some of his land, said he had loads of land, and he would look after me if I could control the rabbits in this 100 acre feild planted with rape, I was'nt really botherd, but you know what its like, we just cant help ourselves can we, no matter how tired or busy we are, we just have to go and have a look, and thats what I did, and boy did he have a problem field, he had spent in the region of six grand to have this field rabbit fenced, and the little gits had burrowed into the feild, in the first pic you can see the damage to the crop, so I said I would give it some attention, I had a quick walk around with my shepherd just to check the place out, I'm glad I did, some nice places to snipe from where the hedges drop down over the fencing, burrows that pop up into the feild, so it should be a pleasure to work on, anyway managed to whack five bunnies while walking around the feild, and there's plenty more to go at, so I dont think I'll be bored this Summer do you. :D

stealthy.

post-24513-1243029014_thumb.jpg

post-24513-1243029034_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

DAMM!

that farmer should have called you earlyer.... at least the pigeions wont eat it ;)

No what you mean, there was a quiet ten minutes with us both leaning over a five bar gate looking at the damage.

i think that is the worst ever rabbit damage i have seen. little buggers aint they

Its the worst damage I've seen this year caused by rabbits, bad for the land owner, but good for me. :D

lol, plenty of sport, just shows that doing a good job on 1 farm can lead to more shooting, word of mouth is the best way to gain shooting.

i think that is the worst ever rabbit damage i have seen. little buggers aint they

Its the worst damage I've seen this year caused by rabbits, bad for the land owner, but good for me. :D

lol, plenty of sport, just shows that doing a good job on 1 farm can lead to more shooting, word of mouth is the best way to gain shooting.

Its a nice start to the bank holiday, I may not be able to save this years crop, but next years should be better. ;)

the damage goes right across the field , wouldnt of thought that was all rabbit damage

When the landowner took me to the field to have a look, my first thought was the austrailian rabbit plague when I saw how many there was running for cover, the rape was drilled from where I took the pic to the yellow rape patch in the distance.

the damage goes right across the field , wouldnt of thought that was all rabbit damage

When the landowner took me to the field to have a look, my first thought was the austrailian rabbit plague when I saw how many there was running for cover, the rape was drilled from where I took the pic to the yellow rape patch in the distance.

I'll eat my head if that is rabbit damage. That field hasn't even been cultivated since at least last year! Rabbits DO NOT do that sort of damage. End of. Plus look at the soil, we haven't had heat this year that would crack it like that. Set aside. For at least 2 years. Besides, if they had decimated that field like that, why is the field next door still fine? No damage there? The rabbits still need food right?

Edited by Checkmate

I'll eat my head if that is rabbit damage. That field hasn't even been cultivated since at least last year! Rabbits DO NOT do that sort of damage. End of. Plus look at the soil, we haven't had heat this year that would crack it like that. Set aside. For at least 2 years. Besides, if they had decimated that field like that, why is the field next door still fine? No damage there? The rabbits still need food right?

That is not the field next door that you can see, it's the same feild, the crop at the end is whats left of what has been planted, the field is at the top of a steep hill, for some odd reason the rabbits love this place, I dont know why the cracks apear in the soil, it looks like a heavy clay or chalk which is prone to cracking, and we here in lincs have had a lot of warm weather and little rain, its never been set aside land.

stealthy.