How old? How long?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been looking through all sorts of posts on here, and it seems a vast majority of members are youngsters (well young to me anyway ;) )

So i just wondered how old most people are on here and how long they have been hunting?

I'm 40, and fishing aside, have only been into the hunting for a couple of years, i did a bit of ferreting as a kid, have fished most my life, and pretty much always kept dogs.

What about the rest of you?

im 24 and been hare coursing and lamping since i could walk
Just been looking through all sorts of posts on here, and it seems a vast majority of members are youngsters (well young to me anyway ;) )

So i just wondered how old most people are on here and how long they have been hunting?

I'm 40, and fishing aside, have only been into the hunting for a couple of years, i did a bit of ferreting as a kid, have fished most my life, and pretty much always kept dogs.

40 ???????? and the rest :lol::lol::lol:

im 39 been into the lurchers since i was 9 had terriers for 15yrs working for a pest control company for 4.5yrs and hope im still doing it till im 90.as for fishing only ever used a gill net and a gaff ive tried rods and they dont work for me

I am 41ish, been fishing since 6, shooting and ferreting at 12 and was allowed a dog at 15. Now I have 2 ferrets, 4 dogs, a 20' container full of guns and fishing tackle,1 pony, lots of edible animals and 3 chest freezers full of dead ones, yummy.

Just gone 38..started my outdoor activities at the age of 9 with a fly rod in my hand, closely followed by an air-rifle and always with some shaggy dog at my side....never lost interest with the great outdoors even when I left school. Couldn't stand the thought of having to work inside so I become a bricky, just can't get enought fresh air.

Sadly now because life & jobs change I just don't get the time to get out and about as much as I used to but hoping to put things right!...trying to get my two sons interested in fishing & shooting etc but I'm afraid that Playstations, WII's and the internet have taken priority over outdoor activities....sad really but get wrong of the missus when I try to bend their will!!....

Its still nice to see that some younger people are still attracted to what nature has got to offer whether its fishing, shooting, ferreting or out with the dogs...anything as long as it's not wasting their time on some street corner causing bother and getting in trouble with the local cozzers!!

Regards...

Coney

Ok, ok, you got me, 40 and 11 months to be honest, now how about YOU add on your OTHER 47yrs. :11:

Ok, ok, you got me, 40 and 11 months to be honest, now how about YOU add on your OTHER 47yrs. :11:

How did you get to know :icon_redface:

49,been into fishing & hawks for longer than i care to remember,last season been the first without a hawk of some description.Joined a shooting syndicate for coming season,but think i will be getting a Spar for the Magpies,atb NID.

I tell you what, some of the more unsavoury characters that float around here won't have to look far to find some of you if they take all of their info off here.

"Show us your dogs", "What do you work as", "How old are you", "Where are you from", "are any of the lads on this forum in the new Fox digging DVD" etc etc ...

People have been snared through this website in the past, just be careful what you say if you don't want any snides showing any unwanted interest in you.