open access land

there is open access land about 2 minutes from me i was just wondering if i can shoot on there because i wont be tresspassing and there is loads of rabbits there

Some one near me has been done twice for that, tresspassing with a firearm. He recieved £2000 in fines and a confiscated rifle, then he got 12 months in prison.

there is open access land about 2 minutes from me i was just wondering if i can shoot on there because i wont be tresspassing and there is loads of rabbits there

Some one near me has been done twice for that, tresspassing with a firearm. He recieved £2000 in fines and a confiscated rifle, then he got 12 months in prison.

Just for an air rifle?

Guest Scuba1
just checked the land is not registerd to anyone so how can i get permission to shoot on there looks lik the rabbits are goin to get away with it this time

If the land is not registered with anyone, its public and in that case the wabbits are safe. :( :(

ATB

Michael

Got to be real careful there pal...try and find out through the usual channels...local authority etc, cause if you don't and the land does belong to someone or there is a public right of way you may be on a sticky wicket......after all if you are on land of this nature with gun in hand and the cozzers catch you it can be classed as armed trespass!!...then you are in a world of shite....be careful pal...

Regards

Coney

Just for an air rifle?

im affraid so..........an air rifle in the eyes of the law is a firearm and as mentioned without permission is plain stupidity.

also are the rabbits in question a pest?????.......or is it just shooting for shhotings sake???

time to check up on the general licence and air rifle laws guys !!!!!!!!!!

not directed at anyone at all...............but OUR sport needs protecting not endangering

cheers

sean