poaching

you'd be going home with out your ferrets etc if i caught you on my ground.most of the other keeper boys round here would bullet and dog there too.

aint worth the hassle.ferreting permition is the easiest to obtain!!

Rod just a question(hypothetical).Would you take/kill a young lads ferrets?.....

Do you not think this would cause a lot of resentment between you and the young lad,and a thing a lot of us old'uns forget it is it's a young mans game.No matter how hard you are/were when you were younger,you come up against a young fitter lad a few years later,I know who my monies on...

Not out for an arguement Rod,just something to think about...

I have no connection to the original poster just found your post a bit strong for want of a better word..

Thanks for reading...

OVER & OUT :thumbs:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you'd be going home with out your ferrets etc if i caught you on my ground.most of the other keeper boys round here would bullet and dog there too.

What a dick you sound ........

you sound like the keeper who caught me [bANNED TEXT] i wer a lad how times havenot changed.

Thing is mate depends who you catch on your land lets say you caught some kids maybe you could do that but with some other ppl you may have you hand full if not that night but deff another as there is some rum lads about.

id never let anyone take wots mine no matter how big and hard you may be il try mi best [bANNED TEXT] ever it takes you might win the 1st round but theirs always time for a 2nd one day you will cross the wrong lad

just something to keep in mined i no thay shouldn't be on your land but takeing sum ones kit and takeing or killing there ferrets is a bit much

Guest rodsmith

What a dick you sound ........

if you had as much trouble with poaching etc where you are,you would understand.

Guest rodsmith

you sound like the keeper who caught me [bANNED TEXT] i wer a lad how times havenot changed.

i sound like the keeper that caught me a few times too

Guest rodsmith

id never let anyone take wots mine no matter how big and hard you may be il try mi best [bANNED TEXT] ever it takes you might win the 1st round but theirs always time for a 2nd one day you will cross the wrong lad

just something to keep in mined i no thay shouldn't be on your land but takeing sum ones kit and takeing or killing there ferrets is a bit much

so taking the piss by taking someones game birds,deer,hares,fish,rabbits etc is ok is it?? :hmm:

it aint hard to obtain ferreting permition,i dont know anyone thats been refused it.infact,i have loads although i got rid of my ferrets ages ago.

i now get the welsh lads up(when theyre free)to do it for me.

so taking the piss by taking someones game birds,deer,hares,fish,rabbits etc is ok is it?? :hmm:

it aint hard to obtain ferreting permition,i dont know anyone thats been refused it.infact,i have loads although i got rid of my ferrets ages ago.

handbags are out, the gear on the land belongs to no man, and if you get caught,tell em, sorry sir, but your only a tenant for the good lord himself.

wouldnt be on your land though or on anyone elses who would be walking round with guns. i said council land that is on the back side of my permission

Have you tried asking the council to get permission we do a couple of council places with no probs

tell them the rabbits are comeing off there land onto yours and could you get permission to control

them

Its worth a try

just wondered what would happen to you if you got caught poaching? say you were doing a big set that was just outside your permission? could anyone shed any light on this as i dare say there is plenty of people on here that has done it or knows the score

thanks

get in contact with the counsil and ask the chances are that if you aproach them in the right way you will get the permission . the law states that england is a rabbit free area and all land owners,managers have a responsability to take precautions to prevent damage to all land by rabbits

get a meeting with the apropriate person put on a tie and be humble

good luck

Your righ mate taking your stuff isnt right but you taking theres isnt either there is a right way way of going about things and threatening people isnt it

when we were young lads poaching rabbits many tried to take our gear no one succeded trust me mate you wouldnt have done either

what you have got to ask yourself is it worth getting injured or injuring someone else for ?

I can see your frustration beleive me we get a lot of pykies on our ground after the hares we dont bother confronting them anymore we just

phone the old bill and let them sort them out im to old and senseable now to be fighting over a rabbit or game birds etc

but you are 100% right when you say ferreting is so easy to get permission there is no need to poach rabbits

just wondered what would happen to you if you got caught poaching? say you were doing a big set that was just outside your permission? could anyone shed any light on this as i dare say there is plenty of people on here that has done it or knows the score

thanks

I think sometimes with no permission is better, it gives u a bit more of a buzz, but the risks are higher now than they were years ago, you could end up with a nice big fine or even end up getting sentenced, sometimes i think the law takes this a bit seriouse. the farmers dont want the rabbits,fox or whatever else you choose to take on their land but they dont want no one else to take them off, so you have to be sly about it and hope you dont get caught. anyway we all have our own opinions.

atb J.A

i sound like the keeper that caught me a few times too

wat makes me laugh tho is these keepers never got no respect and each and every one of them got their comupence.They certainly did around this neck of the woods
lets say for instance its rabbits and its on council land ;)
If you are from s.yorks mate forget getting permision they wont give it you just go and poach it like i do the council wildlife officer who confronted me just said as long as you are not after badgers i am not realy botherd atvb