poaching

just wondered what would happen to you if you got caught poaching? say you were doing a big set that was just outside your permission? could anyone shed any light on this as i dare say there is plenty of people on here that has done it or knows the score

thanks

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just wondered what would happen to you if you got caught poaching? say you were doing a big set that was just outside your permission? could anyone shed any light on this as i dare say there is plenty of people on here that has done it or knows the score

thanks

depends on what ur poaching mate

1 you could get a good kicking

2 the police called and you get nicked

3 another kicking and all your gear confiscated

:D

thanks

When you see them coming for you "rub wet soil on your face and hands" and say

"Are you picking on me cos I am black " ?

They will tell you to leave and thats it.....It works all the time :D:clapper:

No honest depending on your attitude to-wards the "catcher" ( If you can be diplomatic and explain it was accidental and it will not happen again

you will either be told to leave or end up with the permission legally.)

If you have been on Council land you have prob met a warden ???? They work for peanuts but they are also Jobs worths and love to see a prosucution......

Having said that the top officials will not want to pay for the legal costs to knick you in court so you will more than likely get a verbal or letter form warning.

Be carefull on council land as most have a strict no hunting policy on their land especially the stupid labour councils.The one who once confronted me the council wildlife officer said he would prosecute me if he saw my dogs cathching a feild mouse.atvb ps you never see them at night.

Be carefull on council land as most have a strict no hunting policy on their land especially the stupid labour councils.The one who once confronted me the council wildlife officer said he would prosecute me if he saw my dogs cathching a feild mouse.atvb ps you never see them at night.

Your right poacher3161 about the Labor Hunting policy and yet I sit here and cant get the words " Fork 0ff " out of my head when I hear about the Labor Hunting policy ( Yet people from our own walk of life still vote the corrupt barstuarts in to power. )

I am not telling anyone to poach BUT taking someone to court for ferreting rabbits on council ground is a bit sh1t.

The court costs the inconvenience to both parties outweighs the (crime) if thats what you will call it.

But then again Councils and local government like the publicity for nicking someone that is doing a little stuff "just outside the law". I bet the councilors neighbor is selling smuggled tabs and has a brothel 5 doors down that the councilor attends 3 days a week.......LOL :D

Its Nothing really is it ????

I am sure no one is been hurt by him ferreting a few rabbits...Truth been known he is helping things by taking the Rabbits. But they will never see the real side to this story ! :(

Steve

When you see them coming for you "rub wet soil on your face and hands" and say

"Are you picking on me cos I am black " ?

They will tell you to leave and thats it.....It works all the time

Fucing made me laugh!!

Edited by MRD

as far as im aware, may be wrong, but apart from the cops who wont be too interested in someone ferreting nobody can take your gear or hold you for a bit o rabbiting. though you may get a kicking if it was another ferreters patch.. imho :D

Edited by jinxnjill
as far as im aware, may be wrong, but apart from the cops who wont be too interested in someone ferreting nobody can take your gear or hold you for a bit o rabbiting. though you may get a kicking if it was another ferreters patch.. imho :D

I agree with this ;)

Most cops will not want the paperwork to deal with the case so they will tell you to fork 0ff anyways.

Regards

Around 15 years ago 3 friends and I were ferreting on an old railway line now used as Trans pennine way. Anyway the local knob sorry Gamekeeper approached us and said that we were poaching on his land. I told him it was puplic / Council land and had f**k all to do with him. 4 fourteen year old and a couple of spades he was never going to tell us otherwise, was he? Funny thing is just before last Christmas I walked into the local Gun shop to buy my 8 year old a Bow and a Slingshot and the now looking very old Gamekeeper sat in the chair looked up from telling his bullshit stories and gave me a glance and well.... i've never seen a darker shade of Red :icon_redface: f*****g Classic.

thanks

alrite kidda,last time i went out this year with the ferrets we went on a fild owned by doncaster airport,had a days sport before we dug a 5ft hole which attracted alot of attention from airport officials,got kicked off and that was it,just get on with it,f*ck em.whats worst that can happen,if they want to give you a good hiding....your the one holding a spade + you have have a freezer full of meat after you have done the farmer in ;) haha

Around 15 years ago 3 friends and I were ferreting on an old railway line now used as Trans pennine way. Anyway the local knob sorry Gamekeeper approached us and said that we were poaching on his land. I told him it was puplic / Council land and had f**k all to do with him. 4 fourteen year old and a couple of spades he was never going to tell us otherwise, was he? Funny thing is just before last Christmas I walked into the local Gun shop to buy my 8 year old a Bow and a Slingshot and the now looking very old Gamekeeper sat in the chair looked up from telling his bullshit stories and gave me a glance and well.... i've never seen a darker shade of Red :icon_redface: f*****g Classic.

Nice feather in ya cap mate.

Them keepers think they are a law to there own as well...lol

They are as bent as a dogs back leg the lot of them.

I know loads of keepers and some I talk to Ok but some I know think they are the fookin queens son.

The bottom line is " they will talk to you when they can be bothered to " they do not have time for us mere rabbit catchers as we are the burdon of there life.( apparently ).

And yet although we are doing there Job by controlling rabbits we are privileged to be on the land where they have been told to managed.

So what do we do ???? We go and work for them....help build pens and manage the estate with them for nothing, thinking we will be rewarded in the "privilege of Rabbit control" ! But then we are let down cos the keepers have there friends on that either pay then or give them fiddle stuff !

So after they have seen there friends alright for Rabbiting and sold the rest of the Rabbiting to trial lads and then wrecked the place with random visits with drive by's and a .22 then we get a go !!!!

But then we might hear " You don't get many " compared to others.....Ask yourself why ?

Steve