Springer tail question..

Rights lads and lasses...i have myself an English Springer dog pup (huge monsterous thing lol) who is about 3 n half months now...(he was sired by Towebird Arrowhead-and got lots of rytex/badgercourt blood in him)...i'm hoping to get him out working as he gets a bit older (mainly flushing)..but am a bit worried about his tail, it IS docked-but only the 'two thirds' docked not the full 'stop' dock-will he still be able to work without the risk of tail injury with a two third docked tail?

Thanks In advance!

Rights lads and lasses...i have myself an English Springer dog pup (huge monsterous thing lol) who is about 3 n half months now...(he was sired by Towebird Arrowhead-and got lots of rytex/badgercourt blood in him)...i'm hoping to get him out working as he gets a bit older (mainly flushing)..but am a bit worried about his tail, it IS docked-but only the 'two thirds' docked not the full 'stop' dock-will he still be able to work without the risk of tail injury with a two third docked tail?

Thanks In advance!

a two third dock shouldnt have much trouble if any bud i dock my spaniels at that lenght sometimes a touch longer and mine see more work than most you shouldnt have anything to worry about..... B)

hi mate don't worry about it to much it all depends on how hard he hits cover some dogs do nock the ends up a bit but if he runs round with his arse on fire you should try him in trials :laugh: but to be fair it all depends on how hard of a hunting dog it turns out to be,just let it grow and wait and see but if it doe's then it just means you will have to attend to it ie clean it up and rest him a week OR so .