is this true?

It is reputed in some circles the Sir William Wallace was decended from an individual known as "Richard the Welshman" Wallace was in fact a Scot!! born in the village of Elderslie and educated at Paisley Abbey by Cluniastic monks. William Wallace is known in history as the Knight of Ellerslie or Elderslie. Both these names are one and the same - both mean the field of the Elder trees, and Elderslie of course stands close to Paisley in Renfrewshire. At the Elderslie, two famous trees once stood, the Wallace oak, and the Wallace Yew. The yew alone remains. Some doubt has recently been cast on the antiquity of this tree, but parish records from the 1700's refer to it as "this ancient tree".

The remains of Wallace's house and a monument exist in Elderslie today and its less than three miles from my home!!

The Wallaces were vassals of the High Stewards of Scotland.

the town ofRenfrew today is known as "The Cradle of the Stewarts". In fact all the High Stewards are buried in Paisley Abbey. This family came north from Shropshire on the Welsh Marches in the time of David I of Scotland.

The original form of Wallace meant "Welsh Speaking", and we know that William's ancestors followed these "Stewards" north as their vassals. In 1174 Richard Wallace, William's ancestor, witnessed a charter to the Abbey of Paisley. The Wallaces were granted the lands of Elderslie sometime before 1250.

To all the Taffs and Boyo's!! here's another cultural celtic link from a proud Jock :thumbs:

Tom

Hi Tom.What medication do you think FENS FEVER is on :hmm: Catcher 1

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I get a lot of stick over her for being a "Pom" and the conversation generally goes like this....

Aussie: Where you from mate?

Stabs: County Durham

Aussie: Fair play mate, I f*****g love Ireland..

:D

I get a lot of stick over her for being a "Pom" and the conversation generally goes like this....

Aussie: Where you from mate?

Stabs: County Durham

Aussie: Fair play mate, I f*****g love Ireland..

:D

Hi Stabs keeping it clean mate.Catcher 1

Officially Britain has only been conquered once by William the Conquerer.The history of the Normans reveals that they where not to distant causins from the saxons anyhow.Contrry to popular history the romans did nt conquer Britain but where accepted by the inhabitants as they had a lot to offer both intellectually and financially.The Gaelic lanquages [welsh,Irish etc]have an amazing similarity to ancient hebrew.

After the Assyrian captivity of the northern kingdom of Israel very few returned to the land of Israel and a massve number migrated north and west[approx 600bc]and moved throughout Europe eventually inhabiting Ireland Wales Scotland and Southern England many settling in Denmark Norway etc.These inhabitants of the isles most likely used the Phenician trade routes to the tin mines of southern England.[incidently clotted cream is traditional in only 2 places Lebanon and Devon and Cornwall,Lebanon being Pheonicia]The Druids of all have recieved bad press,originating with the writings of Ceasar.These original Druids had a religion very close to the law of Moses.No authentic evedence links the Druids to human sacrifice.These migrating multitudes which came to our islands became known as cimmeri or deriviations of the term,closely resembling CYMRU sp,a common name for the Welsh to this day.

Many other evidences link our ancesters to a migrating multitude which disappeared from the area between the Euphrates and the Tigris but one to consider is the term SAXON,ISAC-SON or SONS OF ISAAC.The Angles where another group which appeared in Europe descended from the same multitude escaping Assyrian captivity.

Up until recently the ancestry of the Royal house of England was documented for all to see in Buckingham palace tracing the present monarchy back to the house of Judah.

All in all the various tribes of Ireland,Wales,Scotland,England where far from uneducated savages but possessed a common heritage a close language and where very intelligent.

Of course this is nt what we ve all been taught.

i'm assuming from this then haidrians wall was just an old wives tale, and not a great bloody construction programme desighned by the romans to keep the uncontrolable celts (scots) at bay. i also stand corrected.

I never said the guy lied (St Aneurin) I'm suggesting he's looking at it from a sixth century cleric's perspective with religeous zeal and conviction of the time?, He probably believed that God created the Earth in six days and rested on the seventh, Rome was the centre of the universe, Eve was moulded from clay given Adam's rib in a transplant with, God giving here the breath of life and that dragons and unicorns existed, I've also read Lord of the Rings but my education and the geography lessons I had at school, tell me theres no such place as Middle Earth and that race of small people with big hairy feet (Hobbits) don't exist :whistling:

Tom

what cant talk cant lie its in black and white for all to see at cardiff museum but i suppose saint aneurin got it wrong in the sixth century

There's a lot of Orc's and Goblin's in Larkhall.....it might not be middle earth but it certainly is the land that time forgot :whistling:

you should check out camnethan street in stonehouse mate i think its where they came up with the idea for lord of the rings. :lol::lol:

my mam always gets asked if she's irish lol and two words.....great britain! thats all of us

your right but your wrong. we are a different breed completely. we have our own lanuages. i dont think youd say the spanish and french were the same

Quite right too Ratmogit, glad to see you back on line and in the land of the living. Sut mae'r hwyl brawd ??

WAB :victory:

IM STILL ALIVE. IM NOT WINNING YET.........HA HA

WE RULED ONCE AND STILL DO IN THE RUGBY!!! THATS WHAT YOU NEED IN THE ENGLISH TEAM .........SOME SUPERIOR WELSH BLOOD IN THE GENE POOL INSTEAD OF THAT MIX OF GERMAN FRENCH .......GET BACK UNDER YOUR STAIRS ...YOUVE BEEN TOLD

Remind me; where did wales finish in the six nations?

Swampy

Ning low sweet chariot

mae yn ofnadwy o wir, roedd y iaeth cymraeg yn cale ei siarad trwy prydain i gyd ond roedd rhaid y anglais troi e mewn i wlad saesneg!

i can speak fluent welsh and i study welsh history and yes it is very true.

This is Milwr's son, i am a fluent welsh speaker and i must say youre welsh is appauling, you should go back to school, this is how the sentence should have gone...

" MAE'N ofnadwy o wir, roedd y IAITH cymraeg yn CAEL ei siarad trwy Prydain i gyd, onsd roed rhaid I'R SAESON troi'r wlad yn saesneg! "

:whistling::wallbash::whistling:

.... Milwr Jr.

The Wallaces were vassals of the High Stewards of Scotland.

the town ofRenfrew today is known as "The Cradle of the Stewarts". In fact all the High Stewards are buried in Paisley Abbey. This family came north from Shropshire on the Welsh Marches in the time of David I of Scotland.

The original form of Wallace meant "Welsh Speaking", and we know that William's ancestors followed these "Stewards" north as their vassals. In 1174 Richard Wallace, William's ancestor, witnessed a charter to the Abbey of Paisley. The Wallaces were granted the lands of Elderslie sometime before 1250.

To all the Taffs and Boyo's!! here's another cultural celtic link from a proud Jock :thumbs:

Tom

Hi Tom.What medication do you think FENS FEVER is on :hmm: Catcher 1

well i am a scitszaphinick and my medication is rispiridon 4 mg if you really wanted to know catcher 1

WE RULED ONCE AND STILL DO IN THE RUGBY!!! THATS WHAT YOU NEED IN THE ENGLISH TEAM .........SOME SUPERIOR WELSH BLOOD IN THE GENE POOL INSTEAD OF THAT MIX OF GERMAN FRENCH .......GET BACK UNDER YOUR STAIRS ...YOUVE BEEN TOLD

Swampy

Ning low sweet chariot

ahead of england but behind ireland. ask any welshman.........we were glad for our irish cousins

Swampy

Ning low sweet chariot

We still beat your mob, and that's all that matters in these parts.... :whistling: That's 4 out of the last 5 now, my Saesneg friend. (or is it fiend, I can never remember when it comes to your lot. :hmm:)

Swampy

Ning low sweet chariot

ahead of england but behind ireland. ask any welshman.........we were glad for our irish cousins

I think you'll find it was fourth, behind Ireland, England and france!!!

Swampy

Ning low sweet chariot

I think you'll find it was fourth, behind Ireland, England and france!!!

going to phone me dad

Swampy

Ning low sweet chariot

We still beat your mob, and that's all that matters in these parts.... :whistling: That's 4 out of the last 5 now, my Saesneg friend. (or is it fiend, I can never remember when it comes to your lot. :hmm:)

NO......... You came fourth! We came second. You couldn't even rise above the bloody fro*s!

Swampy

You're only as good as your last tournament. Besides how many world cup finals have you reached?

The halcyon days of the 70s with Phil Bennet, JPR, Gareth Edwards et al are long gone.

Sorry pal but England now dominate N Hemisphere rugby. Long may it continue.

I believe it was an Enlish club that won the league this season and I believe it'll be an English club that'll win the european cup next week.

Tigers are without doubt the most consistent club in europe.......They are English!

Best regards

Swampy

Ninging the red rose of Engalnd

Swampy

Ning low sweet chariot

NO......... You came fourth! We came second. You couldn't even rise above the bloody fro*s!

Swampy

You're only as good as your last tournament. Besides how many world cup finals have you reached?

The halcyon days of the 70s with Phil Bennet, JPR, Gareth Edwards et al are long gone.

Sorry pal but England now dominate N Hemisphere rugby. Long may it continue.

I believe it was an Enlish club that won the league this season and I believe it'll be an English club that'll win the european cup next week.

Tigers are without doubt the most consistent club in europe.......They are English!

Best regards

Swampy

Ninging the red rose of Engalnd

What an absolute pile of shite! :yes:

England dominate the northern hemisphere indeed. :doh:

We came fourth in the table granted, but we still beat England on the day, same as we beat you last year at 'Twickers'

Even though Ireland won the grand slam this year, Wales won it last year, France the championship the year before, then another Welsh grand slam in 2005, you still have the arrogance to proclaim that England are the dominant force in the northern hemisphere. :doh:

How the f**k can a dominant team not win the championship since 2003, a total of 6 years?

Some of you guys have some funny fecking ideas. :yes: England have been no where near a dominant team since you won the world cup in 2003, and then it was down to the boot of Wilko, who has since been exposed as a fragile, one trick pony.