is this true?

William Wallace was reputed to be of Welsh stock....theres still evidence of Welsh influences in Scottish culture....such as the Bhoy's and the phrase "I'm going for a leek" came from a saying when everyone ate them but could only get them from the market. Other more sinister Welsh practices involving sheep seem to be more prevelent in the Scotish borders and the North of England.....although there is a tribe of SS's in Aberdeen ;)
WE RULED ONCE AND STILL DO IN THE RUGBY!!! THATS WHAT YOU NEED IN THE ENGLISH TEAM .........SOME SUPERIOR WELSH BLOOD IN THE GENE POOL INSTEAD OF THAT MIX OF GERMAN FRENCH .......GET BACK UNDER YOUR STAIRS ...YOUVE BEEN TOLD :D

like i said oliver cromwell beat every one took over wales scotland ireland he was the man.

Aye you's English are good at that,thats why yous are one of the most hated nations on this earth.

a good point...............how many of us celts when going abroad get tarred with the same brush? from personal experience forieners change for the better when you tell them your welsh. i think it has alot to do with the football hooligans and chavs. i know theres good and bad where ever you go

Of course there's no chavs or hooligans in Wales ;)

read to the end of my last sentence.....c'mon you were doing well :icon_redface:

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is class!! LMFAO!!

One good point though, being English abroad is no good thing. You can spot most English tourists a f*****g mile off. Loud, pi**ed, stupid cloaths etc.

Makes me ashamed to be English sometimes...

Then they sit in English bars, drinking English beer, eating English food, complaining about the heat, language, local food and drink etc. whist getting smashed out of their heads being rude and stroppy to all an sundry.

Hey ho. This is modern England. Rock on......

Cheers.

This is class!! LMFAO!!

One good point though, being English abroad is no good thing. You can spot most English tourists a f*****g mile off. Loud, pi**ed, stupid cloaths etc.

Then they sit in English bars, drinking English beer, eating English food, complaining about the heat, language, local food and drink etc. whist getting smashed out of their heads being rude and stroppy to all an sundry.

Cheers.

youve feced me on this one. ive got nothing to work off. i cant .i never kick someone while theyre down. how about an honourary welshman pass from us next time you go on your hols......its in the post for being honest Edited by ratmogit
This is class!! LMFAO!!

Cheers.

very true, I always laugh at the "full English breakfast" signs when I'm in other countries, can't say I'd want to hold my hand up to that one :drink:

my mam always gets asked if she's irish lol and two words.....great britain! thats all of us

your right but your wrong. we are a different breed completely. we have our own lanuages. i dont think youd say the spanish and french were the same

my mam always gets asked if she's irish lol and two words.....great britain! thats all of us

your right but your wrong. we are a different breed completely. we have our own lanuages. i dont think youd say the spanish and french were the same

Quite right too Ratmogit, glad to see you back on line and in the land of the living. Sut mae'r hwyl brawd ??

WAB :victory:

Maybe its true to a certain extent as it was Ancient Brittons who's tribes covered whats now England and Wales, but they wernt called Welsh they were Britons so that makes the Welsh not Welsh but reminants of Brittons ? :D

They were called Brythons, if we're going to split hairs.. :whistling::laugh::thumbs:

The way i see things is that the Welsh should be proud of there past and recent history and culture as should the Scots and Irish, but as an Englishman i feel that the do gooders the same tossers who had hunting banned have tried to dissolve Englishness virtually making it a no no to teach our kids about our past, history and traditions and culture in schools, this has to change as imo if you dont know where you have came from you dont know where you are going. Our individual nations HISTORY is IMPORTANT but the UNION is just as important were stronger for it The GREAT BRITISH Isles. :notworthy:

Totally agree mate. ;) It sickens me that in Wales & Scotland we're taught to be proud of our history & traditions, but over there you guys are almost made to feel ashamed of yours.

Well make the most of it wherever you are from, cos soon were all gonna be "european"

Ruled by two dozen buerocrats, in Brussels, who are unelected, unaccountable, unsackable, and immune from prosecution.

Think i'm joking ?

It's already happening my friends, but most people are more interested in peter and jordan splitting up.

In the words of Fraser, from dads army, "were doomed, doomed i tell ye"

Here's something else to consider.

It's now thought to be a myth that 'invasions' like the Anglo-Saxons, the Danes, Normans etc replaced or drove out the indiginous population.

They didn't, well not for most of the population....the bigwig landowners might have left/been killed/been replaced, but most people stayed where they were. They simply had different rulers - same old shit.

So the Welsh are not neccessarily the remnants of the pure-bred Celt, any more than the English are.

What changed in the invasions was the culture/governance/technology, not the people.

Maxhardcore is totally right.

William Wallace was reputed to be of Welsh stock....theres still evidence of Welsh influences in Scottish culture....such as the Bhoy's and the phrase "I'm going for a leek" came from a saying when everyone ate them but could only get them from the market. Other more sinister Welsh practices involving sheep seem to be more prevelent in the Scotish borders and the North of England.....although there is a tribe of SS's in Aberdeen ;)

:icon_eek: A whole feckin tribe of 'em..... :shok: Do they all make collars & leads too....? :blink::laugh: