is this true?

apperantely the welsh ruled great britain and were pushed to the north and west by invading german/french mix . i say welsh but celt would be more appropiate . all the celtic nations have theyre own lanuages that have close similarities.what are your thoughts

Edited by ratmogit

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

William Wallace was reputed to be of Welsh stock....theres still evidence of Welsh influences in Scottish culture....such as the Bhoy's and the phrase "I'm going for a leek" came from a saying when everyone ate them but could only get them from the market. Other more sinister Welsh practices involving sheep seem to be more prevelent in the Scotish borders and the North of England.....although there is a tribe of SS's in Aberdeen ;)

William Wallace was reputed to be of Welsh stock....theres still evidence of Welsh influences in Scottish culture....such as the Bhoy's and the phrase "I'm going for a leek" came from a saying when everyone ate them but could only get them from the market. Other more sinister Welsh practices involving sheep seem to be more prevelent in the Scotish borders and the North of England.....although there is a tribe of SS's in Aberdeen ;)
WE RULED ONCE AND STILL DO IN THE RUGBY!!! THATS WHAT YOU NEED IN THE ENGLISH TEAM .........SOME SUPERIOR WELSH BLOOD IN THE GENE POOL INSTEAD OF THAT MIX OF GERMAN FRENCH .......GET BACK UNDER YOUR STAIRS ...YOUVE BEEN TOLD :D
WE RULED ONCE AND STILL DO IN THE RUGBY!!! THATS WHAT YOU NEED IN THE ENGLISH TEAM .........SOME SUPERIOR WELSH BLOOD IN THE GENE POOL INSTEAD OF THAT MIX OF GERMAN FRENCH .......GET BACK UNDER YOUR STAIRS ...YOUVE BEEN TOLD :D

like i said oliver cromwell beat every one took over wales scotland ireland he was the man.

Yes, it's true. Modern Welsh is what's left of the ancient Brythonic language that was spoken all over Great Britain. Outside of Wales, the last remaining pockets of it existed in Merseyside, Cornwall and the north east of Scotland.

Ever wondered about the name Aberdeen? Aber is a Welsh word. ;)

:laugh:

The surname Wallace means Welshman. ;)

oliver cromwell was the man

Someone needs a history lesson! :rolleyes::laugh:

Erm...I'm a Jock :icon_redface: :icon_redface:

Yes, it's true. Modern Welsh is what's left of the ancient Brythonic language that was spoken all over Great Britain. Outside of Wales, the last remaining pockets of it existed in Merseyside, Cornwall and the north east of Scotland.

Ever wondered about the name Aberdeen? Aber is a Welsh word. ;)

:laugh:

The surname Wallace means Welshman. ;)

oliver cromwell was the man

Someone needs a history lesson! :rolleyes::laugh:

didnt oliver cromwell batter william wallace

like i said oliver cromwell beat every one took over wales scotland ireland he was the man.

Aye you's English are good at that,thats why yous are one of the most hated nations on this earth.

Aye you's English are good at that,thats why yous are one of the most hated nations on this earth.

:clapper: :clapper: :clapper::toast:

a good point...............how many of us celts when going abroad get tarred with the same brush? from personal experience forieners change for the better when you tell them your welsh. i think it has alot to do with the football hooligans and chavs. i know theres good and bad where ever you go

:no:

Oliver Cromwell was the leader of the Parliamentarians in the English Civil war.

I think you may be referring to Edward Longshanks. :hmm:

If so, yes, he did conquer Wales, with an army half of which was made up up Welshmen who didn't like the current ruler, Llywelyn ap Gruffydd.

Over 9000 of his 15,500 men were Welsh.

His campaigns against the Welsh almost broke him, and it was this which ultimately led to his failure to truly conquer our friends in the north. (Matter of debate, especially if Foxgun Tom reads this..! :laugh:)