a keeper down the road did it, put them in with his poults, which suprisingly didnt get bullied... they needed a decent bank to fly from to be of any hight,. finest tasting turkeys iv had

a keeper down the road did it, put them in with his poults, which suprisingly didnt get bullied... they needed a decent bank to fly from to be of any hight,. finest tasting turkeys iv had

Best we put them up from the top of a hill then !

turkeys are big birds and not hard to hit.

And you know this how?

well they have a bigger kill zone tahn pheasies so you would sort of expect them to be easier to hit than pheasies.

assumption is the brother of all f**k ups.

If i got a pound for every "easy" shot i've missed, and shotguns are a tad different to air rifles lads.

And id rather have a challenge than just a lump on the floor. why i use a 20. thats the sport aspect of driven shoots.

cant imagine the flight being great, if anythimg at all. Guinea fowl fly "alright" and are good alarm birds...bloody tasty to.

We put 30 down two years ago and i think we shot 4! Getting them in the air was the big problem. It got to about a week before Christmas and the boy's with air rifles cleaned us out. They were good fun, if you can get them flying you will have some sport. The guy who raised our ducks for the shoot got them from a friend of a friend..............

Atb, ft

• 5 weeks later...

my neighbouring shoot puts down about 20 i believe and there crafty little buggers they seem to have a nack of slipping through the beating line and i have yet to see one fly let alone over the guns. :whistling: